SOLD Midland, TX 1987 JDM HJ61 - SOLD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So here's the deal on this rig: I never planned on selling it - ever! However, we found out we were having a surprise third kid and it won't fit 3 car seats... It's been my 100% every day daily driver for three years and weekend warrior to the NM mountains on family camping trips pulling around my M416 trailer. I'll try and be as transparent and honest about it as possible as I'm sure the ultimate new owner won't be local. - I'm asking $20,000 which I think is reasonable; the flow of these things from Japan (especially in this configuration) has essentially come to a complete halt in the last 2 years

Description: 1987 HJ61 - right hand drive 24V purchased from Tokyo Toyota. It has ~305K KM on it. It appears to have been brought in through CAN first. As far as I can tell, this thing has every feature available in 1987:

✅ 12H-T - Strong - no issues; no real oil leaks
✅ H55-F - Synchro for 3rd gear is a little sticky - as long as you don't drive it like a race car, you don't notice - it's never bothered me enough to fix it
✅ Ice Cold AC - There aren't any adaptors on the Shrader valves, so I'm assuming it still has R-12 in it
✅ Front and Rear cable lockers - Work great - no issues
✅ PTO winch - Works great - no issues - I added a WARN winch rope
✅ Heated/Suspension front seats - Work great - no issues
✅ Sun roof / Moon roof - Works great - opens and closes great - no leaks
✅ Rear sliding windows - great for the dog(s) - they probably need new seals eventually
✅ Temp/Altitude console - Altitude works great - temp gage LCD is dim
✅ Power windows/locks/mirrors - all work

The P.O. added the following stuff:

✔ Boost gauge/EGT
✔ 20A 24V to 12V switched power supply converter
✔ In dash CD/DVD/Radio (yes it plays DVD's for the kids :))
✔ Some 1"-2" lift - Brand un-known; rides quite well

I added the following stuff:

☑ Method 17" wheels (attempting to match the original color with a throw-back modern wheel)
☑ 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs (they probably have 7K miles on the)
☑ Full-time 12V supply (So I wouldn't have to re-set-up the radio every time I turned the truck on)
☑ New OEM radiator
☑ Two new batteries

Now, the bad:

The power antenna got broken off in a car wash - I don't listen to the radio so I've never fixed it
The rear wiper motor has a demon in it - It's likely the wiper motor relay; it rains like 7" a year here, so I've never put a ton a focus on figuring it out
Synchro for 3rd gear is a little sticky - as long as you don't drive it like a race car, you don't notice - it's never bothered me enough to fix it
It needs $4-6K of body work to be a show truck; the driver's side fender just needs replaced all together; a few other spots need repaired; the frame is in good shape - no de-lamination or anything

I've been messing with Landcruisers for a long time and this has truly been my favorite one to daily drive; I'm sad to see it go, but I just don't have the room to start a full on Landcruiser collection currently... PM me for more info/pics if needed. I will work with any shipping company buyer chooses. It has a current TX registration/inspection/title.
IMG_2789.jpg
IMG_2790.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg
IMG_2794.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

Last edited:
Hope this does you a favor. Pls show some additional pics of interior condition, exterior defects you mention, engine bay, detailed under carriage pics, particularly rust areas. It looks like an awesome truck. Folks will need to see more pics at this price point. GLWS.

I have tons of pictures to share! PM me your number and I can TXT lots of them for interested parties.

Bump for a great cruiser.

Sold. I took a little less than I wanted to, but I had to shed one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom