Mid Ohio Club Meeting

Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
466
Location
Columbus, Ohio
We are going to schedule a meeting in Columbus to get the club going, registered, etc. A primary goal is going to be website developement.

Chime in if you have any input on location dates. Right now it is looking like after the 4rth of July at Griggs reservour park.

There has been some discussion on new developments for the club to increase membership and active participation. Currently, all toyota trucks and land cruisers are welcome and this will not change. The club is for non-off road types and off roaders.

Actually, all makes are welcome, but if it is not part toyota then the membership will be 1 grand a year. :)

Stay tuned.

Karl Walters
non-commissioned officer
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,420
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
Hey Karl:

Thanks for the head's up. As long as it is after the 4th, I should be able to make it down...

Sounds good that we are getting things organized. Thanks for the effort.

Best regards.
-onur
Akron, OH
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
BUCKEYE4X4 said:
We are going to schedule a meeting in Columbus to get the club going, registered, etc. A primary goal is going to be website developement.

Chime in if you have any input on location dates. Right now it is looking like after the 4rth of July at Griggs reservour park.

There has been some discussion on new developments for the club to increase membership and active participation. Currently, all toyota trucks and land cruisers are welcome and this will not change. The club is for non-off road types and off roaders.

Actually, all makes are welcome, but if it is not part toyota then the membership will be 1 grand a year. :)

Stay tuned.

Karl Walters
non-commissioned officer
Count me in Karl. Like I said on the phone "Let's Wheel!"

FYI, I'm going to the CMCC. Got a hall pass last minute from Rosa. :beer:
 
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
466
Location
Columbus, Ohio
Hey Van Meter, can you post here good weekend dates for you after the 4rth of July please.

Butch,

I don't know how ROTR is doing, but I was thinking that we could make one club with a killer website and message board for wheeling trips and such. There could be an officer from each area.

Please chime in with comments.

Karl
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
BUCKEYE4X4 said:
Hey Van Meter, can you post here good weekend dates for you after the 4rth of July please.

Butch,

I don't know how ROTR is doing, but I was thinking that we could make one club with a killer website and message board for wheeling trips and such. There could be an officer from each area.

Please chime in with comments.

Karl

Karl,

Saturday the 9th | Saturday the 16th--are both available for me. We can meet at one of the Shelter houses, I'll grill :cool: and we can make it a meeting/social?

I have the webspace available for quite a large site. Also have an unused copy of VBulletin waiting to be used for the messageboard.

Do you have a domain in mind or will one need to be registered? I'll bring the yota owners to this meeting that I'm running with this weekend. So there's 4 more not on this board but in Central Ohio.

Mark
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,420
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
If it's one of those weekends, I can indeed make it.

Of course, that is if you guys don't mind some NE Ohio folks! :flipoff2:

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
beno said:
If it's one of those weekends, I can indeed make it.

Of course, that is if you guys don't mind some NE Ohio folks! :flipoff2:

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH
Come AWN down.... :beer:
 

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
 
 
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
10,392
Location
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
I can be there most anytime, except for CMCC. July is wide open for me.

If Jason is bringing some money/food, you know I'll be there! :)
 
Joined
Sep 20, 2003
Messages
479
Location
Suffolk, VA
Weekends are way better for me too since I work nights. I'll bring the food for the first meeting. Let me know what y'all want :bounce2:
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,420
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
Not a good cook here, but I can easily pick up beverages of you' all's choice...

Are we a #6 crowd or are we (de)caffinated?

Looking forward to meeting some of you all...

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH
 
Joined
Apr 23, 2005
Messages
466
Location
Columbus, Ohio
I will be out of town the next 10 days so keep the thread going.

Mark and I live next to the park so we can set up and take down.

So....I am thinking a Saturday or Sunday afternoon till early dinner so the long distance drivers can get back home?

See ya

Karl
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
I love to cook and grill, so I'll take care of those duties, and since I'm the noob to the group, it only makes sense ;)

Getting a shelter house down at the park would be cake, and we could always go over the damn to the rock garden and do some wheelin' :bounce2:
 

MJM

 
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
800
Location
Next to the Falls in OH
Coming in From Cleveland

If anyone up north wants to head down in tandem I will plan on making the trip from Cleveland. Keep in mind that I will traveling at FJ40 speeds so it could be slow for someone in an 80 or 100. I will head down 271 to 71. Thanks I will keep checking for an exact date and location. I will need some directions when the time comes, I do know Columbus a bit being an OSU grad.
Matt
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
BUCKEYE4X4 said:
I will be out of town the next 10 days so keep the thread going.

Mark and I live next to the park so we can set up and take down.

So....I am thinking a Saturday or Sunday afternoon till early dinner so the long distance drivers can get back home?

See ya

Karl
How does Saturday July 9th at 12:00 pm at the Shelter House at Griggs Reservoir. Since Karl is going on Vacation, I'll work on maps to post here.

I'll supply the burgers and brats for a cookout if everyone coming can bring a bag of chips, side dish or the like.

If we can get a date set before Karl leaves, that might be better for everyone.?

Watcha think?
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,420
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
82Trekker said:
How does Saturday July 9th at 12:00 pm at the Shelter House at Griggs Reservoir. Since Karl is going on Vacation, I'll work on maps to post here.

I'll supply the burgers and brats for a cookout if everyone coming can bring a bag of chips, side dish or the like.

If we can get a date set before Karl leaves, that might be better for everyone.?

Watcha think?
Sounds good. I will put it on the calendar. Those of us coming from the north will need maps and directions...oh wait, you said that already... :doh:

I'll be happy to bring some side dishes...those I can do!

Best.
-onur
Akron, OH
 

beno

Gihee Arakawa
Moderator
Supporting Vendor
GOLD Star
 
Joined
Aug 28, 2004
Messages
25,420
Location
Woodstock, NY, USA
MJM said:
If anyone up north wants to head down in tandem I will plan on making the trip from Cleveland. Keep in mind that I will traveling at FJ40 speeds so it could be slow for someone in an 80 or 100. I will head down 271 to 71. Thanks I will keep checking for an exact date and location. I will need some directions when the time comes, I do know Columbus a bit being an OSU grad.
Matt
Hey Matt--

I'll be happy to cruise down with ya if you want. I'm in an 80, but I generally drive 40 speeds ;)

I can meet you anywhere between Cleveland and where 271 hits 71...

Drop me a PM and we can talk about specifics...

best
-onur
Akron, OH
 

MJM

 
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2003
Messages
800
Location
Next to the Falls in OH
Griggs Reservoir ?

I have never heard of that place is it N S E or W of Columbus. Just tyring to get an idea of how much time it will take to get there.
Thanks
Matt
 

JuttyShabango

Checkers R Wreckers
SILVER Star
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
1,373
I'll post some directions, maps and all that Sunday/Monday for everyone. Griggs reservoir is just NorthWest of Columbus in the "burbs". Pretty easy to get to, close to 270 from the North.

I drive my Trekker on the highway also and understand yota cruising times. I would allow for 3 hours to and from with a stop and all that.

Plenty of food and I'll put together a banner everyone can see with signs pointing to the shelter house.

I have a small rock garden about 100 yards long by the river I play on if anyone wants to put a tire on anything. It will be right there below the damn.
 

FJ40Jim

The Cruiser Whisperer
 
 
Joined
Sep 26, 2003
Messages
10,392
Location
Lancaster, Ohio, USA
I've walked around on the rocks below the dam. Never occurred to me to wheel there. Suddenly meetings at Griggs are a lot more interesting!
 
Top Bottom