Mid length inner axle, what's it from? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cruiser_guy

Out of Africa / North Africa
Threads
Website
join-hands-for-hope-helping-people-help-themselves.mailchimpsites.com
The inner that I picked up at the wreckers in Honduras with a birf on it (identical in length on the birf to the minitruck ones), is longer than a '40 series inner but shorter than a '60/mini inner.

Anyone know what this oddball might be for (Stout 4WD maybe)? It fits the planetary gears in the third member (fine spline) and fits a fine spline birf. I'd like to flog it if I can as I've got no use for it. I can get it stateside if necessary.

I got a '40 series inner at the wreckers today in Guatemala. I saw it come out of an FJ55 so I know it'll be OK on length. It's the shortest of the 3 long inners I now have.

I'll bet it is from a 70 series. Isn't the overall width about 2" longer than a '40?

Ed

The mid length one is about 30" long. I'll have an exact measurement when the kids pull the birf off tomorrow.

What year 70 series had a different lenght inner? It has to be the newer 8" front diffs as the older 9.5" (circa 1985) is the same length (within a 1/4") as the 40/55 inners... I pulled a complete hub-hub 70 series apart and was surprised to see them were very similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom