Mid-Coast-Yota, Regarding all Hampton Roads, and Coastal Carolina Toyotas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey everyone,

I want to introduce myself to the local Hampton Roads and even Eastern North Carolina Cruisers and Toyota. I have already contacted many IH8MUD members on here in the area about these ideas. I have been wanting to start a little East Coast Cruiser or Toyota club since I bought my 80. Nothing serious like fee's, mandatory meetings, or any of that. I just want to explore and build with some of the trucks that I have come to love. I also want to create a website that we can post our trip pictures and modifications on for the rest of IH8mud to see.

A little about myself. I am 22, and have been wheeling since I was 10 (Four wheelers and such). I started building a couple of years ago on my 99 Chevy Blazer ZR2, which I dropped $7000 into. 7 inch suspension, Moog problem solver everything, 4.56 Yukons, lockers F&R, a lot of herculiner and it was still falling apart. The IFS is just such a weak point. Anyways, I fell in love with Toyota and the Land Cruisers, so I traded the Chevy in for the locked 80. I could say it was probably the best decision I have ever made. I could also say I wouldn't buy anything other than a Toyota now. You can check out my FZJ on the pic gallery that I created on here.

Anyways, I think that this would be fun, and hopefully we can get a few people on board. Thanks for reading and if you have any ideas, comments, questions definitely feel free to ask. If this post needs to be elsewhere, of course move it, or let me know.

Also, I am just trying to gather some thoughts with everyone, so if you have more know-how about clubs, and website stuff, feel free to take the lead.

Again I appreciate it,

-Josh :cheers:

I'm game. I can do some website stuff if my work doesn't have me working to many hours.

Website

http://70.161.85.20:8080/ all right here is the start of the web page. If you have any suggestions i'm up for them. If you wanting to be a member please email me @ mud@theshealys.com with a subject of like mud.

Put you mud name, and your name you want to be called(real name) and send a photo of your rig. It would make it easy on me if you don't send one huge file for a picture, but I can scale it down.

I'll work this weekend getting this pictures on the webpage. I can't promise this server up all the time but I leave it on all the time.

Last edited:
Bump! ;)

Welcome, and count us in as well. We used to have the Virginia Land Cruiser Assoc. here, but disbanded for various reasons. Most of those guys are still active with United.

Count me in. With that said, who would like to help me out installing the OME lift that is sitting in my garage for a year now?

It's pretty easy, and straight foward, but if you need help, I think I can find some time on a nice day :D If you have the new castor bushings, the old ones are b$#@h to press out, and it took about 25 tons to push my old ones out. hehe, the bushings are what suck. but you have 97 Lexus, it might not be as bad. What kit is it?

Count me in. With that said, who would like to help me out installing the OME lift that is sitting in my garage for a year now?

I might not be much help but I would like to assist so I can see how it is done and recruit some help when I finally get around to ordering my lift.

Also, I am interested in a local "club." I want to find some places to wheel locally so that I do not have to drive to the mountains all the time, which BTW is not that often.

Originally posted by 2everest
I think I can find some time on a nice day If you have the new castor bushings, the old ones are b$#@h to press out, and it took about 25 tons to push my old ones out. hehe, the bushings are what suck. but you have 97 Lexus, it might not be as bad. What kit is it

They are the 850J/n73L and 863/N74E OME combo. I have the OME bushings, slee blue bushings, slee castor plates, ss extended brakelines, and drop blocks. Just need some time in a nice sunny warm day. I also have the bushing press tool, so everything should be a breeze to install this lift. :cheers:

Originally posted by d-country
I might not be much help but I would like to assist so I can see how it is done and recruit some help when I finally get around to ordering my lift.

You can watch, drink :beer: and learn from what we are working on.:grinpimp:

Dang! Just locked up my 80 in the long term parking corral on the Naval base. *sigh* I'll just have to wait till Sept. Good luck with the membership drive.

They are the 850J/n73L and 863/N74E OME combo. I have the OME bushings, slee blue bushings, slee castor plates, ss extended brakelines, and drop blocks. Just need some time in a nice sunny warm day. I also have the bushing press tool, so everything should be a breeze to install this lift. :cheers:

What is the bushing press tool that you have. Just a bench press? My buddy, Joe, at Bullet Driveline needed to use the big press. Huge mf'r. To get mine out ... Huh?

Originally posted by GOZ 2 11
Dang! Just locked up my 80 in the long term parking corral on the Naval base. *sigh* I'll just have to wait till Sept. Good luck with the membership drive.

I saw a Blue 80 LC with ARB and winch in the gated parking lot of Naval Air Station, is that yours? I was wondering who's the owner.

Sounds like a cool idea. Hell Maybe it'll possibly even materialize. The only problem I can see is the strong military population, and the shifting interest in such a focused group due to constant moving. Other than that, I'm in. I am sure I can sway a few guys that aren't active IH8MUD guys to come along too. It will be good to get a local thing going again. The Virginia Land Cruiser assn, dissolved right as I moved here.

If you want to ad a little formal stuff, I would suggest contacting the VA4WDA, BRC, Tread Lightly, and some of the other orgs for guidance. I forget what is required by the TLCA to be sanctioned, if that is the ultimate goal.

Yes, I want to do all of the above, but have to do some research. In the meantime, we need to go wheelin. Who has been out to Steel St. in Chesapeake? Those are all mud holes. Another place with a lot of hill climbs, is across the street from there, next to the water treatment plant, right across the big draw bridge. Damn, I'm drawing a blank on names right now. We've been wheeling those places for years, and I know guys that have been going there for over 15 years.

That's mine...waiting patiently for my return. Drove it from Seattle to Norfolk then put it to rest. I've seen cars at mainside get flooded out during storms so I opted to keep it there. Keep an eye on it for me!

I saw a Blue 80 LC with ARB and winch in the gated parking lot of Naval Air Station, is that yours? I was wondering who's the owner.

That's mine...waiting patiently for my return. Drove it from Seattle to Norfolk then put it to rest. I've seen cars at mainside get flooded out during storms so I opted to keep it there. Keep an eye on it for me!

I notice the CJ5 in your sig line. Need any parts for that. I have a line on a fully boxed frame, and straight tub. Both are '76. The frame is set-up for SOA on YJ leaves. PM me and I can provide a list of more. I don't want to hijack this thread.

For you navy guys.... A few months back I saw a 73 FJ 55 on Hampton Blvd. headed toward the base @ 7am. There was a lot of traffic, so I hopped out and gave the guy (in khaki's) my card. Have you seen this rig around?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom