Michigan owners- favorite 100 series/lx470 mechanics? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know there's a post for regional LC mechanics but im looking for personal experience on your 100 series or lx470. Im tired of mechanics saying they can do it when they have no idea what they're getting into:(.

My LC is a mild build with 33" tires 2.5" lift skid plates and an after market rear bumper. Nothing crazy here. But i have had no luck with alignments, bearings, or exhaust in the Kalamazoo area. I don't really want to take it to Toyota because she's not stock and there's no guarantees there either.

Any one have any recommendations? I don't mind paying to have the job done right the first time. Also dont mind driving but id prefer not drive to slee at this point...

I did not own my 100 series when I lived in Michigan but, for all my vehicles, I used D & A Autobody on sprinkle road in Portage. Bought a wrecked Ford Focus from them as well, and had them rebuild it, and it drove and looked like a new car afterwords! I have never had any issues using them in the past. If and when I drive back to visit family, they would be the shop that I would go to! Might be worth a look, and check them out!

Worth a try, i will. Turns out i even need some body work :bang:.

Thanks for the recommendation. I will report back...

This probably isn't helpful to you since you're on the west side but FWIW I have had great luck with Meade Lexus in Utica (Metro Detroit area). Chris Coleman, one of the service managers there, has been very receptive and open to specific requests for alignment/balancing/rotation etc. I have always done my own maintenance but time is getting harder and harder to find. They are more expensive than other options but I felt it was well worth it in the end. Each time at the end of performing the job, the technician (I think his name was Vito) has come in and explained everything to me in a non-layman (i.e. technical) manner which I thought was very rare for a OE service facility.

That was very helpful. I have considered driving as far as Colorado for reputable service for my baby. Utica isnt that far. What modifications have you done with your cruiser?

Nothing too crazy. I have heavy duty rear springs to help the AHC go into High with a full load and 33" tires. But I do have quite a few mods for travel, check it out here:

100 series DIY solutions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom