SOLD Michigan: 2LT Complete Running Engine (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newly rebuilt at Toyota dealer in Canary Islands. Currently still in vehicle. Starts well, pulls strong, and should go a long time with proper maintenance. Have all receipts for the work. This is a good little engine. $3500 . Pm me

Lots of lookers but no buyers yet. Tells me everyone is hiding out in a hollow log somewhere because of this virus B.S. or my price is to high so price drop to $3000. This includes the engine wireing harness and everything to make it run and the 5-speed tranny but no transfere case.Mileage: 147,900, recently rebuilt at Toyota dealer with all oem parts. New crank, bearings, waterpump, flywheel, clutch, headgasket, injectors, glowplugs, radiator, hoses , belts, themostat, injection pump and turbo removed and rebuilt,oil return line on turbo , gaskets, etc. etc. paide more for the parts and labor than I'm asking for the whole shebang

Seems to be some confusion about the location of this engine.Imported from the canary islands by me. Currently located in Mich.

Maybe post what year motor it is and a few pictures? Is it 2LT (pre 1989), or 2LT-II (post 1989)? They have a number of differences and will impact the application.

O k. Here is everything I know about this engine. Compression check was done at Toyota dealer. #1......411, #2.....419, #3......412, #4......400. These are their numbers; I cannot verify them. When rebuilt by them, the engine had 147200 miles on it.....now it has 147900. I have had no issues with it, but the new owner wants a gas engine. So I am selling this one. It has never failed to start even in our near zero temperatures, and runs well.Good oil pressure, although the gauge recently quit working.
Year model is 1989, LJ 70. Ambient temperature the day of the video was 26 - 30 degrees. From my past experience with these engines, I would expect it to go a long time......properly maintained and not abused. (My DD is a 2LT.)I tried to attach video but it failed. I will send to your email address ...

O k. Here is everything I know about this engine. Compression check was done at Toyota dealer. #1......411, #2.....419, #3......412, #4......400. These are their numbers; I cannot verify them. When rebuilt by them, the engine had 147200 miles on it.....now it has 147900. I have had no issues with it, but the new owner wants a gas engine. So I am selling this one. It has never failed to start even in our near zero temperatures, and runs well.Good oil pressure, although the gauge recently quit working.
Year model is 1989, LJ 70. . From my past experience with these engines, I would expect it to go a long time......properly maintained and not abused. (My DD is a 2LT.)

No luck sending or attaching the video. geuss you will just have to take my word that it is a nice engine.

Still got this little engine so price drop again.....2500.

I’m just dreaming a little bit here, but does anyone know if it would be difficult to swap this into an early 90s US spec hi-lux?

I’m just dreaming a little bit here, but does anyone know if it would be difficult to swap this into an early 90s US spec hi-lux?
“Difficult” depends on your mechanical skill level. If you’re searching for an engine to put in an early 90s hilux, this one (or 3L, 5L) will be the easiest of all the Toyota diesels.

Kind of what I was thinking, will it bolt to a r-150?
When I’m done with my 60 on a 80 frame project, and done with swapping a 4bd2/Nv4500 into someone else’s 80, then I’ll start thinking about what to put in my wife’s hi-lux. For the sake of the seller here, hopefully this motor is no longer available at that point.
This seems like a great buy though. GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom