BaT Miami: (Not Mine) 1994 FZJ75 Pickup LX (1 Viewer)

Bring-a-Trailer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 70 Series
Color
Beige
It will be interesting to see where this one goes. Venezuelan truck. Not crazy about the white roof. Any guesses on final price for the auction?

BAF94830-310-A-41-F9-86-AA-16-B329722-C9-E.webp

1994 Toyota Land Cruiser LX FZJ75 Pickup - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-toyota-land-cruiser-40/

Last edited:
Do these ever get imported without being "restored" by the SA's? Would love to own one of these without paying for all the sub par work that will need to be undone.

Do these ever get imported without being "restored" by the SA's? Would love to own one of these without paying for all the sub par work that will need to be undone.
Rarely. The importers know that the average American buyer just wants a pretty/shiny truck. And labor is cheap in the export countries. So they are incentivized to "restore" them before export. It's a very niche consumer that wants patina (perhaps not on this forum though).

I think there is also a cultural disconnect on what constitutes "improvement," especially South American trucks. Here is a good example: No Reserve: 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-31/

I have also been told that Middle Eastern bureaucracies will not allow trucks to be sold/exported without a repaint. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

There are also some vendors/members here on the forum that can import exactly what you want (an unmolested truck). But there is typically a premium paid for their services.

Finally, bear in mind that Venezuelan trucks are a compromise from Toyota's original design for any Land Cruiser. The Venezuelan government was partially socializing the production of the trucks. Toyota would send them parts and partially assembled trucks, and then they were completed in Venezuela to boost the economy. This is why Venezuelan trucks have the Dana 60 rear axle and retained the 40 series bed. Probably irrelevant to most consumers.

Last edited:
1. I think there is also a cultural disconnect on what constitutes "improvement," especially South American trucks. Here is a good example: No Reserve: 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-31/

2. Finally, bear in mind that Venezuelan trucks are a compromise from Toyota's original design for any Land Cruiser. The Venezuelan government was partially socializing the production of the trucks. Toyota would send them parts and partially assembled trucks, and then they were completed in Venezuela to boost the economy. This is why Venezuelan trucks have the Dana 60 rear axle and retained the 40 series bed. Probably irrelevant to most consumers.
1. Couldn't agree more. You can see that daily as you drive around anywhere in America. Someone will be happy with that FJ40 on BAT. I would not be, and not because I'm a purist.

2. Good insight, thanks for sharing.

Rarely. The importers know that the average American buyer just wants a pretty/shiny truck. And labor is cheap in the export countries. So they are incentivized to "restore" them before export. It's a very niche consumer that wants patina (perhaps not on this forum though).

I think there is also a cultural disconnect on what constitutes "improvement," especially South American trucks. Here is a good example: No Reserve: 1981 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1981-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-31/

I have also been told that Middle Eastern bureaucracies will not allow trucks to be sold/exported without a repaint. Not sure how much truth there is to that.

There are also some vendors/members here on the forum that can import exactly what you want (an unmolested truck). But there is typically a premium paid for their services.

Finally, bear in mind that Venezuelan trucks are a compromise from Toyota's original design for any Land Cruiser. The Venezuelan government was partially socializing the production of the trucks. Toyota would send them parts and partially assembled trucks, and then they were completed in Venezuela to boost the economy. This is why Venezuelan trucks have the Dana 60 rear axle and retained the 40 series bed. Probably irrelevant to most consumers.
Funny how “pre-restoration” photos are never provided. 😊
There is a change that this truck is the “find of a lifetime” and an equal chance that it’s held together by the “grace of God”.

Funny how “pre-restoration” photos are never provided. 😊
There is a change that this truck is the “find of a lifetime” and an equal chance that it’s held together by the “grace of God”.
There are pre-restoration pics posted

1994_toyota_land-cruiser_A5A37057-BDD3-44E2-8E96-13CBCA762B37.jpeg

$35k would be my guess

Isn’t BAT one of those auction sights where the bidding process can go crazy in the last few minutes? 😊
Yes. But there is also no guarantee you actually get paid from the winning bidder. I wouldn’t consider it “sold” until the check clears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom