Metro area - Wanna do hoodrat things with ma friends (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

myself and couple guys from work with 4runners are doing tray mountain on sunday. we meet at the waffle house on 400 exit 13 at 9am. were going to run it the opposite direction this time and go "up" the "pipe". feel free to join us if youd like.

Hello.

I just joined here and I live in Dallas/ Acworth area.
Would like to help and be helped fix/modify even through I am not expert.

Also like to join trail ride with you guys. Always nice to ride with others to learn and cover your tail lol.

2000 UZJ100. Bone Stock with 32in BFG ATs.

I'm in Acworth myself, closer to Kennesaw. Happy to do mutually exclusive wrenching days. If you're looking to learn anything, you're more than welcome to come over to my place sometime- I've always got something I could be working on. Lately I've been putting off re-indexing my torsion bars and swapping out rear springs. I can probably help with most common maintenance work as well.

Hey G.A. I've got a really nice spring compressor you're welcome to borrow.

I appreciate it Ben. On the 100s, it's just a matter of disconnecting the sway bars and bottom shock bolts and they slip right out.

I appreciate it Ben. On the 100s, it's just a matter of disconnecting the sway bars and bottom shock bolts and they slip right out.

Take them out the back with your foot on the brake rotor first. You probably won't need to take anything off to get them out, maybe shocks depending on the extension length. 80s are basically the same as 100 rears

I've gotta get the axle drooped enough for them to pop out. Or use a compressor, either would work. Even with longer travel shocks and extended sways, I'd have to disconnect. Matter of fact, the last time I went to swap springs, I completely forgot to disconnect the lower shock bolt and couldn't for the life of me figure out why I wasn't getting enough droop to pull them :bang: :doh: Standing on the rotor wouldn't budge it enough.

My cordless impact and spring compressor get them out in a flash. Disconnecting shock makes it easier but I’m not sure you even have to do that.

I need a free weekend soon to go again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom