Methanol/Water Injection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read about methanol injection today, and was wondering if anybody here has tried it on a Cruiser. It sounds similar to propane injection, and fairly affordable.

http://www.snowperformance.net/

Regards,

Scoot

That is awsome! If only I had a turbo. It would be easy for biodiesel makers, as you already have the methanol, just add water.

Hi everybody!

Guys lately in france, we've been toying with adding acetone to the diesel, so that the diesel consumption is lower! Seems at least to reduce smoke, and lower the consumption a tad! Water injection has been around for a while!

Best regards.

Max.

crushers said:
CD, can you stick up a couple pics? are you still happy your induction system?
what would you change if you could?
cheers
Wayne

The photos that were in that thread got lost a few forum revisions ago. I may still have them on my computer at home. I'll take a look.

Mine still does the job. I think I would not use nylon elbows again. Just recently I discovered one of them was a bit loose in the brass fitting and I had to re-tighten it. I intend to go back in and change them out for brass when I have some time. You have to use nylon ones in the pump though because of the plastic head. I also plan to replace the hoses on the high pressure side as they are showing signs of fatigue after a little over two years.

This sounds like a good way to go. Are there any long-term effects on engine wear? I'd like to do this to my 13BT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom