metaltech started (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
started on my nose gaurd last night. sweet huh? :cheers:

thought i would give some more of my progress, its bad A, just need to notch the last top peice and the paint.

Last edited:
Bolt On/Weld On

Does that thing bolt on or weld on? I just wanted it to be removable,so you could fold down the front bib. For pulling radiator, water pump, etc.

I have got a tubing bender borrowed, but I don't know about bending one up. It's got some odd angles to it. If that thing ain't right, it will show.

I want to bend one and attach my tube fenders to it and also then do the stinger.

Looks sweet, get out there and get to work.

J.R.

i welded mine on, i dont think ill be taking it off until i roll :) having access to welder ect. looks bitchin, cant wait till im off work.

Weld On

If I welded mine on, I would get in a hold in the radiator the first day. That's just my luck.

I could still get the radiator out, it would just be more trouble.

I like it.

J.R.

i think you meant hole in it, they arent to hard to slide up and out, ive done it 3 times in the past couple years

no just the stinger and nose gaurd, gotta save up my beans again. dropped to much on the soa and steering,

typo

Yes, typo, I'm an idiot.

Anyway, I feel your pain on the expense of the SOA and Power Steering. But I bought axles, wheels/tires, transmission/xfr, new leaf springs. I could cry when I think about it.

Had to beg money from my wife for driveshafts and roll cage tubing.

Wife says I'm never doing another project.

:cheers:

J.R.

JRFJ4- said:
Yes, typo, I'm an idiot.

Anyway, I feel your pain on the expense of the SOA and Power Steering. But I bought axles, wheels/tires, transmission/xfr, new leaf springs. I could cry when I think about it.

Had to beg money from my wife for driveshafts and roll cage tubing.

Wife says I'm never doing another project.

:cheers:

J.R.

I haven't mentioned drive shafts to my wife yet. :rolleyes:

camcruiser13, Goy any close up shots of the frame connection?

i can get some goy close ups tonight.:) yes i feel your pain, i havent told my wife i got new wheels and seats.

Wow all you peeps are old with wives and stuff. :flipoff2:
asking for permission to spend your money :rolleyes:

Looks good hopefully I'll be bending one up in 2 weeks or so. I'm going to connect mine to the frame with 3" angle and bolts.

powers steering is sorta in the way wo run a decent bolt through, post some pics when you do

Wife

Bustanutley,

Don't worry, you'll get you a wife to tell you what to do one day.

Mine understands that I am crazy. :)

I Can't help it when it comes to the Cruiser.

J.R.

JRFJ4- said:
Bustanutley,

Don't worry, you'll get you a wife to tell you what to do one day.

Mine understands that I am crazy. :)

I Can't help it when it comes to the Cruiser.

J.R.

this is true, and not al of us are old geezers ;p

bustanutley said:
Wow all you peeps are old with wives and stuff. :flipoff2:
asking for permission to spend your money :rolleyes:

Looks good hopefully I'll be bending one up in 2 weeks or so. I'm going to connect mine to the frame with 3" angle and bolts.
Not so much asking permission as picking a stratigic time to mention purchases.

dmaddox, i don't think he has the grill on to begin with...

but those nose gaurds look really sweet, good luck with that, i'll be getting one someday

um....i realize that....

was just harrassing him.

My buddy's rig is identical to that - only smurf blue. Has the push fan in the same place and the grill will not fit.

I am talking him into cutting a piece of the grating from an old grill and fitting it directly onto the bib so that you can still put the toyota emblem on it and have it look stock...

again, was just harrassing him. I despise black bezel's and missing "toyota" symbols. He he he. All in good fun man....all in good fun.

cheers,

ragman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom