Metallic screeching when turning left only (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey guys. Over the last couple of days I’ve noticed a metallic screeching coming from the passenger front wheel/wheel area only when turning left at speeds >25’ish mph. Doesn’t matter if breaks are being applied. Does it under breaking and when not breaking. And it’s only when the steering wheel is turned past the 10’oclock position. It does not screech/squeal when going straight or when turning right.

I’ve been underneath it a few times. Everything looks normal. Nothing appears to be out of place or loose. Heat shield looks fine. I don’t see any debris or rocks. No leaking fluids.

Looking for some input bc a bunch of y’all have way more knowledge than I do. I did a search and not much of anything came up. Haven’t made any kind of mods either. Truck has around 130k miles. So I’m coming up empty. And here in Idaho Falls my only real option is Teton Toyota. And I’m afraid they’ll just want to throw parts at it. Thanks in advance. Appreciate any input. Cheers.

Guy

If I only had a lift...or access to one. But I don’t. But something I’m going to speak to Toyota about. No good indy here in Idaho Falls.

And one more observation. It’s not a deep grinding noise. It’s a high pitched screech. Not heavy but a light metallic screech. If that makes sense.

Front hub and rear axle bearings wearing out aren’t unheard of at your mileage. I’d get each corner in the air and see if there is any play in any of the wheel/axle assemblies.

I would take the wheel off and look for shiny metal. Brake dust cover loose; or inside the actual wheel anything like debree there?

Thanks guys. I’ll do some more investigating later today. Hoping it’s the brake dust cover as mentioned. Thanks.

Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom