Metal tech long travel rear (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've got the icon lower control arms and metal tech uppers so I'm thinking about selling my current rear shocks and buying the icon long travel ones they sell

Here's the issue.......I have KDSS.

So.....I was thinking of removing the brackets the rear sway bar is attached to for the KDSS but leaving the sway bar.

If someone has a non KDSS they can post pictures of the rear sway bar that would be awesome or someone like Dan could reply with his knowledge.

Thanks in advance

Dan ditched all the factory anti-sway. His never had KDSS. Most recently he added All-Pro's AntiRock rear sway kit. This kept all his flex on the front for off-road. He seems pleased.
13557722_10153804981233123_8756046893480235017_n.jpg

Personally, I like KDSS!

Yeah it's starting to sound like a lot of extra work.

Anyone have pictures of the stock non-KDSS factory sway bar? I'm wondering if I can switch to that.

I cut my rear sway bar in half and threw it away or I would post a picture.

NGA-FJC is correct (and posted my pic for me :p) on the anti-rock and nothing else.

Does that allow for good wheel travel or am I wasting time and money to do a whole little of difference?

It adds a LOT. Coupled with a well setup front end it is a drastic upgrade

So the rear set up I have consists of Icon lower links, metal tech upper links with icon 2.5" remote resivior with cdc. I'm think the KDSS rear sway bar is going to be a limiting factor.

However, switching to the longer travel icons that metal tech has and adding that all pro sway set up is an expensive upgrade.

I guess the question is it worth the time and money?

If you can't lose the sway, don't do it.

What do you really want to do with your truck? Rock crawler? Overlander?

Options:
1. Remove all the KDSS and go all long travel like Dan's setup. Complicated. Very time consuming.
2. Put your Sport back to stock. Sell it. Buy a non Sport non nav. Remove sway, add your links, finish long travel have Dan's setup Done and Done Happy!
3. Enjoy what you have. KDSS is great for crazy off-road flex and good road performance even lifted. (just my 2 cents)

Personally I don't think it's worth it. Keep what you have.

The 120 platform is very capable and get through almost anything. Skill, armor, a winch, and if you want add lockers get you through the rest. What else do you really need?

Keep in mind it's Friday night and I've had a few :beer::beer::beer:

Well it would consist of selling my current shocks, buying the new long travel ones, and removing the KDSS and installing the antirock.

Is that list worth the hassle of a little more when travel?

Unless you plan on really wheeling it hard, I dont see the point.

Correct. I plan on hitting some nutty stuff, Rubicon, etc.

It's not. You may gain 3/4" of wheel travel. At the most.

3/4" from lifted KDSS to LT rear? I will disagree with that.

If those numbers are true you can do LT with kdss lol

LT with no sway gets you 7.5" of wheel travel over a sway bar lifted truck. Add the anti rock to add back sway control to an acceptable level with minimal loss in travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom