metal tech fit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently bought a metal tech jackson cage for my 78 fj40 to weld to the oem roll bar. I had a professional welder weld it together, which he did a nice job but I just noticed my middle two bars, sometimes called spreader bars ( they are the two bars that go from the across bar that runs parrallel with the windshield to the factory roll bar) were welded the opposite way, meaning the arch is close to the winshield instead of the factory roll bar. My question is will my bestop tigertop and my hardtop fit with the bars this way? I'll try to get a picture of tis later today, any help is appreciated. Steve

I personally think that is the right way. I think it looks way better and is just the way it should be. Every time I see one the other way I wonder why it was done like that. It lets you keep all of the top bars flat and you don't have those arches sticking up. Anyway... to answer your question... I did mine like yours and everything fits great.
Eric

Eric, does you bikini top fit over the two bars also, it seems like it would have to stretch over to connect to the winshield. I'll put a picture to see if mine is exactly like yours. Thank's, Steve

I contacted metal tech. They tell me the hardtop measures 52" from the floor to the inside top. I have almost 52 1/2" from the floor to The highest place on my spreader bars which is on the straight right after the bend. I don't see my hardtop fitting like this. I put on my winshield and put my bikini top and my soft top on. It bulges on the top just a hair but I can live with that, it's the hardtop I'm worried about. If you look on Metal tech's website under installation the show a diagram with the bars the way I have it, but in all the pictures they're the opposite way, this is confusing. I'm sorry for the rant, any insight on this dilema? Thank you.

The bikini top will bulg a little. Should. The bars are higher so you use that instead of the windshield to stop an impact. I'll go measure mine right now

Hold on

Ok my cage is around 49 inches to the top. My roof starts at 51+/-

How is your cage so tall?

Cam,
Thank's for getting back to me. A couple things I think. First my front feet are not bolted down but They seem like they're touching the floor, second, I think some guys have they're cross bar a little lower which lowers the height. Look at my pictures again and tell me what you think.

Duh

Looks like it should

Let me go measure he middle. The highest point of my cage

Ok so I have 50 at my highest point but my roof where the bars meet is 53. You should be good

what do you mean where the bars meet? I ain't too bright, lol

Cam, that's good new to me because I'm 52 and a half if that and it's not bolted down. I really appreciate you doing that for me I know I'm a pain in the ass, I just don't want to prep it and paint it only to have to change it. Thank you. Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom