Metal Tech 4x4 Roof Rack with Spy Light System (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
superoil.com
I'm looking to put a roof rack on my 2002 LX470.

My question is whether the Spy Light system on the Metal Tech 4x4 rack is worth the money?

Opinions? Better options?

Thanks in advance for your response.

I'm looking to put a roof rack on my 2002 LX470.

My question is whether the Spy Light system on the Metal Tech 4x4 rack is worth the money?

Opinions? Better options?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Are you talking about the Baja rack for the 100?

I think the price point is pretty close to the Gamviti racks, and comparing that rack to the Gamviti there really isn't a comparison from a quality perspective. Gamviti is sick stuff.

Are you talking about the Baja rack for the 100?

I think the price point is pretty close to the Gamviti racks, and comparing that rack to the Gamviti there really isn't a comparison from a quality perspective. Gamviti is sick stuff.
Yeah. That's the one I was looking at.

Thanks for the Gamviti recommendation.

Metal Tech 4x4 pissed me off anyway because I had a set of sliders in my shopping cart last night and when I went to complete the order today, they had gone up $250 on the price of the sliders overnight.

So, I'll not be buying anything from them now. 😉

I'd give them a chance again sometime. The metal tech folks are good people, every consumer products business is struggling to keep shelves stocked. Material costs are also swinging wildly, even when they can get stuff. But it sucks to be ready to buy and the price jumps that much.

I don't like the roof racks as much as Gamviti, but MT has some nice products for sure.

I received the following email from Metal Tech last week that prices were going up:

"To our Valued Customers:

Effective April 27th, 2021- Metal-tech 4x4 will be implementing a price increase due to the overall rising prices of raw materials. We have not adjusted prices in over a year and have absorbed the additional costs. However, in the past 12 months, we have experienced steel more than double in price. We understand the sensitiveness of any price increase and will continue to make every effort to reduce costs where we can, without sacrificing the performance and quality of our products.

We have plenty of inventory in stock and ready to ship to you. Get your orders in before April 27th to take advantage of our current prices.

Thank you for your continued support and understanding.

We appreciate you!

Metal-tech 4x4 Team"

I'd give them a chance again sometime. The metal tech folks are good people, every consumer products business is struggling to keep shelves stocked. Material costs are also swinging wildly, even when they can get stuff. But it sucks to be ready to buy and the price jumps that much.

I don't like the roof racks as much as Gamviti, but MT has some nice products for sure.
X2

Unfortunately, everything is going up in pricing. It's crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom