Metal/seal Fragments in transmission fluid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Newish guy to the forum, long time lurker. Purchased a 88 FJ62 couple months back and going through the restoration process. Should get it back this week, have a guy going over the systems of the cruiser (electrical, drivetrain, ignition, etc.) to make sure everything looks good.

He was flushing the transmission and had some pieces of what looks like seal material from the picture. He stated it was metal so possibly metal. Just wanted to get your opinion - perhaps you've seen this before.

This isn't my hand otherwise I could say with confidence its material makeup. His mechanic sent it over to show me.

Idea's?

Cant seem to post a picture. Let me figure this out.

B7CFA5EE-BD56-44D0-AE26-321ABB6B597A.jpeg

At this point in the game - its not like you’re going to do a complete transmission tear down with an aim at trying to find if something significant has gone wrong. Nope, at this point in the game you’re going to drive it as is, and IF (big IF) the transmission tanks one day and becomes FUBAR, you’re going to replace the transmission with a new 5 speed manual.

That’s how things are presently rolling for these 35-40 year old vehicles.

Solid assessment - also correct in remedy.

Guessing the pieces don’t give enough information to what they could be from though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom