Metal Diesel Badges (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

davegonz

Keeping it Weird
SILVER Star
Threads
I was looking at @bhicks sweet metal badges that he makes (TEQ, TOYOTA, etc) and was wondering if he could make a Toyota Diesel one that you can mount anywhere (I was thinking of one on each side of the truck by the front tires). Anyway, he said that if there was interest that he would consider making them.

Here's a pic of my concept:

teqdiesel-jpg.2076829

Pics of his metal badges: 100/200 Series Landcruiser / LX470-LX570 – BH3D Printing

20160213_152045_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Love it. Let’s make some.

For those of you interested in this project; I would need to sell at least 20 units to at least break even on my investment in developing this badge. If I see good interest, I will mock up a CAD design for you guys to make sure you like what I did BEFORE I went into production. The only "Diesel" font from Toyota I could find was this. I'm not sure I like it but it's the only Toyota authentic font out there for the diesel word. I might just go with an older more retro font that looks similar to font toyota used in the late 70s.

20140909_0964b9.jpg

Here is a quick mock-up I did while eating lunch. I don't love the font but it at least gets the idea across on what we could do.
11.JPG
12.JPG

Looks great!

What would the approximate cost be?
It would be in the the $35-$40 range. It depends on the size you guys want. Right now it's somewhat large. It's 3" x 11". I think a 2.25" x 7.5" would be ideal.

Last edited:
Yeah, 3"x11" sounds huge! I was thinking that it should be close in size to you current TOYOTA badge.

Yeah, 3"x11" sounds huge! I was thinking that it should be close in size to you current TOYOTA badge.
The "TOYOTA" badge is 2.5" x 8.25". It can be a bit "clunky" if you try to add that to a fender. A bit smaller and it would be more ideal for fenders and tailgates. I think 2.25" x 7.5" would be the perfect size for this diesel badge.

Last edited:
I would be in for at least 3.

I'll definitely do one!

I like the idea of using the Toyota font as well. 2.25" x 7.5" sounds like a great size.

Looks like we got 7 possible sells so far. When we get close to 20 guys who want one then I will commit to doing the project. I have to at least break even on my out of pocket cost. I have taken on too many projects in the past where I lost money because I only had a handful of guys interested and I moved forward on the project. I can't make those mistakes any more.

If you need the toyota font, dm me and I can help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom