Metal Diesel Badges (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just so you guys are aware; these aren't grille specific badges. They would have long strips of 3M adhesive recessed into grooves on the back of each badge. See pic. They can mount to any flat surface and possibly a grille if there is a least some flat area to attach to.
View attachment 2081701
Maybe the front bumper then????

Maybe the front bumper then????
Basically treat it like a 3D bumper sticker. All of my non-grille specific badges mount to any flat surface anywhere on the car. Slight curvature is usually fine but too much curvature and it wont bond to the metal/paint.

I’d pay WAY MORE for a grille specific turbo reproduction.

I searched for 2 years and finally found one.

I will actively support this venture.

Last edited:
Even better. I’d rather stick them on vs having to drill to mount them anyhow.

Just so you guys are aware; these aren't grille specific badges. They would have long strips of 3M adhesive recessed into grooves on the back of each badge. See pic. They can mount to any flat surface and possibly a grille if there is a least some flat area to attach to.
View attachment 2081701

I’m in for one of the small size turbo badges.
Thanks.

I will have to look into the OEM "turbo" badging from the 80's and early 90's. I'm not sure if they made a ton of them for each different grille or if they used the same badge over all the trucks and SUVs. The look and font is basically the same but I don't know about the backing. If it's the same badge over all vehicles then I will definitely make an OEM replacement but if each vehcile used a slightly different badge then I will have to pass. There would not be enough demand for each option to make any profit.

You’re doing enough if the heavy lifting already. I’ll bet it would be easier to fabricate a 3-D printed platic backer with two plastic pushpins/tabs that fits into the OEM grill.

Or we can find another way to stick these on securely. That’s a problem that is end user solvable, I’d bet.

You’re doing enough if the heavy lifting already. I’ll bet it would be easier to fabricate a 3-D printed platic backer with two plastic pushpins/tabs that fits into the OEM grill.

Or we can find another way to stick these on securely. That’s a problem that is end user solvable, I’d bet.
That is exactly what I do for a ton of my TEQ badges. I use a backing plate that allows a single design to fit on a ton of different vehicles. Once it's mounted, sanded, and painted you can barely even tell it's a 2 piece design. You would have to look super close and even if it is a 2 piece design; it doesn't really matter. LOTS of Toyota grille badges are 2 piece designs with a fake plastic chrome emblem mounted to some flat black backer. It allows Toyota to mount a handful of fake chrome badges to a ton of different grilles. If the "diesel" and "turbo" badges sell really well then I will look at making backer plates for more specific grille applications.

Last edited:
I'd need at least two turbo and two diesel. That is going to be nice.

Do you have anything similar to this???
20190915_190321.jpg
20190915_190344.jpg

There seems to be 3 common US "Turbo" badges Toyota made. There is probably many more in the International crowd. The one you pictured is the smallest. I do plan to release one very similar in appearance in a similar size. It will be 5" x 1.5" and a larger identical version at 8" x 2.25". It will be the exact size as the modern Toyota turbo badge but in the old school font. Here is a pic of that badge. It will be available in the 2 sizes some time in mid to late October. It willalso come in the red/black/silver combo as well in both sizes.
IMG_20190915_201617.jpg

Here's the new badge. I got it back from the painter today. The red/silver/black badge has a few machining issues but it's prototype #1 so that is expected. We will get it perfected and smooth before it goes to market.
IMG_20190916_185110.jpg

Got the "Diesel" badge back from my painter today. After seeing the painted badge in person I realize I have a couple tiny design issues. Those will get fixed and a final version will get sent over to my machinist on Monday. Thought you guys would at least enjoy seeing prototype 1.0.
Edit: not sure why it also uploaded the 3rd Gen 4Runner badge pic. Got it deleted. Sorry for the confusion. Must have accidentally clicked on 2 images and didn't realize it.
IMG_20190920_183707.jpg

Last edited:

Yep, same here. Been looking in Aus for both grille and back door turbo badges and impossible to find. Awesome work to re-create these. Hoping you will ship to Aus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom