Mesquite wheeling info (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

offrd63

Ain't you done yet!
Threads
Hello all,

I came down for the GGG last Nov. and really liked the area. I am planning a wheeling/camping trip with my family for Apr. 7-10 2005. I was thinking about going to where the Gambol was last fall, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder if that river might be flowing to much to wheel up their. Also I was thinking their will still be snow up high.
So..... That's the only place I know around Mesquite. Any of you have any idea's of somewhere near their that might be a little lower/drier/warmer?
Their will be 3 rigs in my group of 7 and we will all be tent camping.
Any Ideas will be greatly appriciated.
Thanks Alec

Oh, and I also look forward to the GGG in 2005

John,

Thanks for the link. I'll look on some other maps and see what I can see. Do you know if the area around Logandale/Overton is BLM?

It is, sorry I did not get back to you sooner.

Almost any rural area in Nevada is BLM. So basically any road you see is open to play time.

Be carefull though. With all of the rains we have had lately the roads are seriously beat up. If you have any issues give me a ring and I will come out and help.

702 592-9869

Mace

BTW, thinking about it there is a neat road that goes from Mesquite to St george without using the gorge. I'll look for a map that shows the way. Nice mild trail (I'll assume that your buddies are not as well equiped or as qualified a driver as you are) that may have gotten a bit worse over time. Either way it is a nice drive that shoudl not be covered in snow right now :)

Not really sure. It is a dirt road that goes East into the mountains just north of the gorge.

I'll pull out the map and take a look

Mace said:
BTW, thinking about it there is a neat road that goes from Mesquite to St george without using the gorge. I'll look for a map that shows the way. Nice mild trail (I'll assume that your buddies are not as well equiped or as qualified a driver as you are) that may have gotten a bit worse over time. Either way it is a nice drive that shoudl not be covered in snow right now :)

Both of my sons rigs are set up pretty well. I'm locked front and rear as is my oldest son and the young son is locked in the rear. He dosn't seem to mind taking the strap when it's needed. The wives might really like that road.
I spoke with the BLM office in St. George today and they are mailing me maps of the Overton area, Mead, Arizona srtip, and St. George area.
Thanks for the ideas
aw

hammerhead said:
Jason - are you talking about going up elbow canyon and over blackrock?

Blackrock sounds familiar. I thought it was on the west side of I-15 and elbow is on the east side?

JDay said:
Some guys from VV4W were up at the Gambol area a couple of weeks ago. The water did a lot of damage. They could not even make it to the first obstacle.

It dosn't look like their is much left of the old trail. So Now the first obstacle appears to be the third or fourth.
I guess that can be good or bad depending on how you look at it. Either way it looks like it's going to take a little time or work to get back up there
aw

JDay said:
Blackrock sounds familiar. I thought it was on the west side of I-15 and elbow is on the east side?
Elbow and Blackrock are east of I-15.

There are a few different ways on the west side of I-15 but I don't know of any good trails just boring dirt roads...

I'd like to learn where the GGG is run. I live so close here by St.George that I'd bet I could get some friends into helping with maintenance on the trail when needed. Post up or PM me...

I need to do a test run on my rig before the hammers.

Mr. Head, we might need to work somethin out ;)

Well lets work something out for april 7-10. :)

lol

I'll try. But the following weekend is more what I was thinking ;)

The roads to the West of I-15 were boaring dirt roads.

But they ran through washes and a bunch of areas that coupld have potentially gotten neat ;)

The road to the Gambol camping site used to be a highway too ;)

Got the turn signals functional and the indicators wired in, motor starts when I want it to now, got the premier back up and running (so it can fail on me again), got the winch rope on, almost done with the rear limit strap. And the 14 bolt/D60 are still empty waiting for me to finish up the gears...

I am thinking that a No for this weekend...

Hey Mace, Long long time no talk to. Do you have any idea what going on with that area where the old GGG was near Mesquite? Those few GGG's were the funnest events I ever went to. Ahhh those were the days. I have family in the St. George area, and I'm thinking about hauling my 40 up in a couple of months and it would be fun to go check out that area again, but it's been 9 years. There mite be condo's there for all I know.
thanks
aw

No condos, it's basically the same add it used to be. And also there is logandale trails that can be fun. Give me some heads to and I'll meet you out there with the 40 or 60!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom