For Sale Mesa AZ: Cummins to A343 Adapter parts and transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I decided to swap in a nv4500. I have about 15k miles on the parts I'm offering. I bought Diesel Adapters kit at the tail end before he closed up shop so i got some of his most recent parts. This includes much of what you'll need to do the swap. I am willing to break up the kit if the prices are right.

-Rebuilt a343 tranny - The tranny sat dry about a year after it got rebuilt waiting for me to finish the project. At about 5k miles ago my tach sensor wire shorted and the tach jumped around. This caused the solenoid to fire rapidly. I did smell burning and pulled over as soon as I got out of the intersection. It's been driving fine after fixing the wire right after that happens. It does shift from 1st to 2nd firmly once transmission is warm, I dont know if that is related. A transmission did not come with the original kit, I'm throwing it in as a bonus.
- transmission lines. You'll need to buy some new rubber, but I already did the work and provide the materials rout and mount them on the engine.
-transmission cooler and sheild
- transmission controller
- adapter bell housing
-1st gen adapter plate
- modified torque converter. This stalls at about 2100 when accelerating which is really close to the duramax I drove. That was with 34" tires and 10% overdrive tcase gears. When I was on 31" tires and stock gears the RPMs were a little lower
-BD Diesel flex plate. This was not a part of the original kit. It is like a $400 after market part
-intercooler - this had a crack in it that I welded
-2.5" intercooler piping and clamps
-custom intake horn
-Throttle and cruiser control linkage. This helps you keep your cruise control
-Throttle cable
-Microsquirt transmission controller
-wiring harness
-tach sensor
-starter. Was purchased new with the rest of the stuff
-3" exhaust all the way back using an HX35 turbo. I welded this together but I will take it apart in a manner that you can use clamps. Clamps included
-Diesel Adapters air intake box. Uses a dodge stock air filter and allows you to connect a snorkel with a little modification

What not included that was in the original kit:
-Motor accessory mount. I've found these online
-Motor mounts
- (2) Intercooler tubes that pass through the front frame crossmember
-Power steering hose
-4" air intake elbow tube
-Brass fittings to connect heater hose and sensor behind engine

Flex plate and exhaust included at full price.
$4500
Just as a heads up, i dont respond on Sundays
I can give the instructions, pointers, and puctures from my build to help whoever's purchases the kit.

20200319_193625.jpg

20200319_193632.jpg

20200319_172045.jpg

20200319_172447.jpg

20200319_172458.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, still available
Thanks for the quick response.
I'll need to wait until the borders open to begin with but it's good to know there are some options available.

So this is a bellhousing that bolts onto an A3xx? I thought most of his kits utilized an adapter plate that bolted onto the back of the Cummins engine.

So this is a bellhousing that bolts onto an A3xx? I thought most of his kits utilized an adapter plate that bolted onto the back of the Cummins engine.
The front side of the bellhousing bolts to a 89-93 Cummins Getrag adapter plate and the backside bolts to a Toyota a343 transmission.

Dang that's a bummer, I was looking to adapt a cummins to the A442F so I guess I'll have to keep looking for one of the older kits.

Dang that's a bummer, I was looking to adapt a cummins to the A442F so I guess I'll have to keep looking for one of the older kits.
Yeah really. I still have the rebuilt A343 transmission, and transmission controller if it comes to that.

So this won’t adapt a 98 12v to a 97 343?
The bellhousing will bolt to a 2nd gen if you swap to a 1st gen adapter plate. I currently have a 2nd gen adapter plate on my 1st gen block so I know they match. I still have the 1st gen adapter plate, BD Power flex plate, torque converter, bell housing and the starter available to make it bolt together smoothly. My reasearch came up showing that although the 1st and 2nd gen flex plates are interchangeable, the 1st gen plate is weaker than the 2nd generation, that is why I went after market. The 1st gen starter fits into the FZJ80 by moving two brake lines, but I dont know if the 2nd gen starter fits, you may need to get a 6.7 starter if you were keeping the 2nd gen adapter plate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom