Mercedes Turbo Diesel Powertrain Swap with Transfercase (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

bkfj40

Wishin i was in Wydaho
SILVER Star
Threads
I have an '85 5 cylinder Mercedes Turbo Diesel that was running when pulled. I was planning on using the mercedes automatic transmission and have the adapter to mate that to a minitruck transfercase. I was trying to fit it into a minitruck, but the length is just too long. I have way too many projects and need this gone. The engine had 140k miles on it

Engine, transmission, adapter to toyota minitruck transfercase and minitruck transfercase. $999
Will swap for 4.3L Vortec engine

Swap it right into a FJ40 or other land cruiser.

I can deliver to Philadelphia/Harrisburg Area or to RK's area down in Roxboro, North Carolina.

Located in Harrisonburg, Virginia

bk

IMG_3990.jpg

IMG_3992.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

May I ask where you got the adapter for the t-case?

it is a modified ott adapter that turns the minitruck case into a divorced transfercase. I had the output on the transmission modified to bolt onto the ott adapter....

bk

price drop - $600 obo

bk

hmmm...

Last edited:
yep, centered...but you can make a centered rear axle pretty easily. Then you only need to carry one spare rear axle shaft :)

bk

125 hp
170 ft*lbs

it's allright - I'll give you $50 if you can sell it to him ;)

bk

Do you know if an adapter exists that will mate that mb motor to a stock fj40/bj40 transmission? Thx

nope...and the supposed problem is that the motor is externally balanced, so it isn't as easy as some have thought.

4x4labs was going to have one, but they have been planning it for atleast 6 years, maybe more - still nothing...

bk

is this a 617 engine? (i think it is)

i am partially looking for the motor only for my 80 300SD
would you sell just the motor?>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom