Mentorship and work help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey folks, not sure if this is a normal ask or if this is the right place for it but here it goes. I posted over on the 100 series forum about being close to pulling the trigger on a 2000 LX 470. That needs some work, but nothing crazy. Being just out of college with limited tools and equipment, and knowledge, and living on a hill, my biggest hurdle to hopefully avoiding crazy labor fees, while also learning as much as I can, is the need for a place to do the work and someone to 'hold my hand' through some of the more involved stuff (especially the work that requires jacking the truck up). With all that said, I'm motivated, respectful, and eager to learn. Let me know if anyone is willing or available, or knows of any such people or resource that could help. Thanks yall!

987321 - Copy.jpeg

this is the college full acredditted 4 year automotive engineering program i completed cira 1993-1998

alot has changed including the closor of the baltimore campus where i completed the first 1/2 or intrductory 2 year AA degree program before transfering to penn state

toyota will hand out partial and FULL TOP shelf Scolerships to the right eager and well , more enthueastiuc induviduals they come into contaxct with ........

you have a yearn to learn and thats what theyspecifically look for and weed out the cruise controll just a pay check crowd

having a LAND CRUISER was a huge factor in my story and time line and chain of T-TEN events and subsiquest 12+ yeasr at both the dealership and finally CAT Central Atlantic Toyota PDC " parts Distrubution center " as a corprate toyota moter sales USA employee ..............

you should consider and at least pour over this link it may spark a new uncharted path into unknow teritory and open new and unexpolred door of Teq like , much like it diid indeed do for me in ways i am now 2021 20+ years later now only fully understnding and clicking ...........

good luck

matt

alass ...........

those were the days :)

1630748164507.png

Hello!

I haven't been much involved in the club meetings due to COVID... I found out about the club in Fall 2019, went to the swap meet and my first meeting in Jan 2020 after becoming a member. I lucked out and got my Ham license thanks to the Club. Then all hell broke loose a few weeks later with COVID.

Anywhoo... The CLCC has a Tech Day. This is the thread:

Others might chime in and from what I've read it's pretty cool.

I don't have a garage to work on my truck. But I've been working on my cars for over 20 years (out in the elements. LOL). If you need advice you can contact me.

I’m with @rrc swb . Years and years of working in assorted driveways—some of them gravel, which makes a paved driveway seem quite luxurious. Have three small kids and two 17+year old cars of my own so cannot sign up for much in person mentorship, but absolutely happy to advise.

Ps, for working on a hill, maybe try using oil change ramps or those plastic thingmos for leveling out campers to level the vehicle out.

Where are you located? What specifically are you thinking as far as required maintenance items? There are lots of us 100 series guys around the area, we can probably determine who can help depending on the scope of the project.

i use 6x6 preasure treated timber post materal

the soft wood hugs the concrete very very well , look above at my passenger side rear tire ............

Last edited:
i use 6x6 preasure treated timber post materal

the soft wood hugs the concrete very very well , look above at my passenger side rear tire ............
I use a 4x4 to hold my D90. LOL

BTW... That's my work area. :rofl:

Screenshot_20210918-103853_Gallery.jpg

We need to schedule a tech day. Need to reach out to some shops and see if we can hold it at there place.

We need to schedule a tech day. Need to reach out to some shops and see if we can hold it at there place.
That'll be awesome

I’m with @rrc swb . Years and years of working in assorted driveways—some of them gravel, which makes a paved driveway seem quite luxurious. Have three small kids and two 17+year old cars of my own so cannot sign up for much in person mentorship, but absolutely happy to advise.
I really appreciate that. I will reach out in the coming weeks!

Where are you located? What specifically are you thinking as far as required maintenance items? There are lots of us 100 series guys around the area, we can probably determine who can help depending on the scope of the project.
I'm in Arlington. Right now the biggest things in front of me are AHC delete / OME lift install, new front cx axles install, some window issues and door lock issues.

Also in Arlington. Hopefully we can meet up sometime

I mentioned to Stump over the weekend that my weekends are potentially freeing up enough in the near future that we could do a tech day.
That'll be awesome

@OTRAMM PM me what weekend you have available we can make it happen.

Much appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom