Memory seat mod for LC's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I'm entertaining the idea of buying a low mileage 100 series. I really prefer a Toyota LC to the Lexus, except for the lack of memory seats/mirrors. (It would be my wife's daily driver, but I would drive it on weekends/family outings. I have trouble getting comfortable in a car that my wife has driven, given our difference in size. Memory seats are a godsend.)

Given that they're the same vehicle, is it possible to retrofit a LC with some parts from a Lexus that would enable memory seats/mirrors? Or should I just get an LX?

Why not just get an LX? I'm suprised at how many people are adverse to buying an LX simply because it says "Lexus" on it. The 100s are now a dated body style so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. The AHC, Audio, Projector headlamps, memory seats, etc. to name a few makes the LX a better daily driver IMO. Just my .02

Why not just get an LX? I'm suprised at how many people are adverse to buying an LX simply because it says "Lexus" on it. The 100s are now a dated body style so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. The AHC, Audio, Projector headlamps, memory seats, etc. to name a few makes the LX a better daily driver IMO. Just my .02

You are very correct, the LX, especially on the used mkt is really a much "better" deal than a LC. But, I don't know what it is but I fell into that same trap of NOT wanting a lexus, even with the pluses the LX has vs the LC. I think some of it ( for me at least) has to do with the lack of a traditional silver until 2006 & 2007 and the Escaladish "bling" on the LX as opposed to the LC. Also, you forgot to mention the MUCH better CPO program of the Lexus. Toyota's CPO program is pretty lame in comparison.

:cheers:

You are very correct, the LX, especially on the used mkt is really a much "better" deal than a LC. But, I don't know what it is but I fell into that same trap of NOT wanting a lexus, even with the pluses the LX has vs the LC. I think some of it ( for me at least) has to do with the lack of a traditional silver until 2006 & 2007 and the Escaladish "bling" on the LX as opposed to the LC. Also, you forgot to mention the MUCH better CPO program of the Lexus. Toyota's CPO program is pretty lame in comparison.

:cheers:

Absolutely. And beyond the Lexus CPO program is the bonus of the way the Lexus dealer treats customers. I've never had a better experience with any brand....

So I'm entertaining the idea of buying a low mileage 100 series. I really prefer a Toyota LC to the Lexus, except for the lack of memory seats/mirrors. (It would be my wife's daily driver, but I would drive it on weekends/family outings. I have trouble getting comfortable in a car that my wife has driven, given our difference in size. Memory seats are a godsend.)

Given that they're the same vehicle, is it possible to retrofit a LC with some parts from a Lexus that would enable memory seats/mirrors? Or should I just get an LX?

Anyone know the answer to the original post...can a LC be modified for memory seats/mirrors, etc?

I've seen this question asked several times, so for sure search on it (I know, lame answer) but I think the consensus has always been that the cost would offset the value and would end up getting you close to the price difference of an equivelent LX

I have to say though, my wife and I intentionally did NOT buy the lexus because we're not Lexus people... I know that sounds terribly jaded and conceited, but we're not... I just did not want the image that came with driving a lexus, for me it was about the quality of the vehicle, the reliability and the safety, all of which was the same - I do admit not having memory seats/mirrors is annoying with two drivers but we got over it

Also, the Lexus support and customer service is only good if you have a lexus dealer near by. My closest lexus dealer is 40 miles, and is shared with a Lincoln dealer, conversely I have 3 toyota dealers closer and 2 of which are both world class dealers, brand new, and have amazing customer service...

I would say if you're not a lexus person and can live without the extras and the "sub par" toyota (10x better than most but not a lexus) deal with the memory seats issue...

Now with all that said, if i had it to do again I might settle on an LX that has been a bit de-pussified... lifted, slidered and snorkeled and then no one could call me the average lexus driver, LOL

-Z

Probably easier to just get the Lexus and rebadge it with Toyota Cygnus emblems. :p

803841_2.jpg

I've never had a better experience with any brand....

THAT MUST BE A NICE FEELING. YOTA DEALERS TREAT LC OWNERS LIKE CRAP. AT LEAST THE ONES IN S. FLORIDA

oh man, find a new toyota dealer... I get treated like a rock star when i drive up in a land cruiser, no dumb questions or getting jacked around - they just fix stuff, and get me a loaner car if necessary... The one thing I would say is to get to know your service advisor, give him good reviews and be nice.... a good relationship with a good service advisor can go a LONG way... most of the time what gets fixed and charged for and how quickly is often up to him.

-Z

I suspect that doing a retrofit might get expensive on you, as others have mentioned.

I *purposely* didn't look at LX470s simply because I hate the way the front looks, I really don't like those dual headlights, it looks like it got pieced out of Toyota's parts bin by a drunken night janitor.

I suspect that doing a retrofit might get expensive on you, as others have mentioned.

I *purposely* didn't look at LX470s simply because I hate the way the front looks, I really don't like those dual headlights, it looks like it got pieced out of Toyota's parts bin by a drunken night janitor.

Hey, be nice, I am a drunken night janitor! Kidding. I don't like the front lights either. In my neck of the woods the only people you see driving LX's are women. There are 2 really hot ones on my street alone...the chicks not the trucks! :doh:

The only time I've gotten a loaner from a yota dealer is when I spent $1K on a brake job. After that, I wised-up and do the work myself. I was also looking for a LC, but ended up w/ a LX...more selection, better warranty, fewer miles, and for the same price. I do like the memory seats since my wife has the seat as far forward as it can go while I do the opposite. Levinson audio is also the best I've heard for a car (it's intended for old man's music, classical, opera, etc., not rock).

Actually, I thought both front ends were ugly but the superiority of the projector headlights won out. :p

Here in the SF Bay Area Lexus is almost as common of a brand as Toyota. It's not unusual to see thrashed or beat-up older LS, IS, LX, ES (yuck) in any neighborhood, wealthy or not. So I guess the stigma of being a Lexus owner is a bit watered down especially if you drive an older model. There are a lot of hot new Lexus models, which indeed stereotype the driver, mixed with the older ones that don't get a second glance. Especially if they are dirty like mine!

oh man, find a new toyota dealer... I get treated like a rock star when i drive up in a land cruiser, no dumb questions or getting jacked around - they just fix stuff, and get me a loaner car if necessary... The one thing I would say is to get to know your service advisor, give him good reviews and be nice.... a good relationship with a good service advisor can go a LONG way... most of the time what gets fixed and charged for and how quickly is often up to him.

-Z

x2,
I get great service with the LC, free rental and all.

To answer the original post maybe pictures of the memory control in the LX/ the seat controls of the LC and pictures of the respective body ECUs would be helpful. If the ECU is the same then a simple seat swap from a junkyard LX might be all that is needed.

If I was buying today I would give the edge to the LX for the same money.

It's the possibility of a relatively simple parts swap from a junk donor that I'm interested in. I'm surprised that no one has looked into this before. Someone above says that this has been discussed before, but I can't find it searching the archives.

Agreed though, except for the esthetic considerations, the used LX appears to be the better buy.

Debadging, and possibly rebadging with some retro "TOYOTA" stuff is a consideration, but I'm still left with the ugly headlights.

For some reason, swapping parts appeals to me more than swapping badges, even though the former is somewhat more complex and expensive.

(Has anyone done the "Satoshi" mod on a series 100 LX or LC? (see the 4runner forums, Yotatech, and t4r.))

I'll probably just get the LX and learn to love it, Lexus badges and all. In any case, there are more low mileage LX's on the market than LC's. I think LC owners tend to hang onto their vehicles longer than LX owners.

To answer the original post maybe pictures of the memory control in the LX/ the seat controls of the LC and pictures of the respective body ECUs would be helpful. If the ECU is the same then a simple seat swap from a junkyard LX might be all that is needed.

If I was buying today I would give the edge to the LX for the same money.

It has been discussed before and I believe it was pointed out that they have differant ECU's so there is no way to do it that makes sense money wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom