Memory Lane (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wishing we had some snow so we could go on a snow run and it jogged my memory that my first run with HDC was 13 years ago. Decided I needed to look at some photos. Here you go:
DSC01440.JPG
DSC01441.JPG
DSC01444.JPG
DSC01447.JPG

DSC01442.JPG
DSC01443.JPG
DSC01446.JPG
DSC01449.JPG

DSC01450.JPG
DSC01451.JPG
DSC01452.JPG
DSC01453.JPG

DSC01448.JPG
DSC01454.JPG
DSC01455.JPG

So, it looks like we did at least 3 snow runs in 2005. By picture deduction, this was Super Bowl Sunday. I was trying to figure out who had the second red 40. Question answered.
DSCN2042.JPG

DSCN2030.JPG

Marc, do you still have that 60?

I do not still have that 60. I sold it to help pay for my 100 9 years ago. I wish I did because I bet I could sell it for more than I could sell my 100 now. I keep seeing much uglier 60's being advertised for 5 figures. I struggled for months to finally get $3,700 for it back in 2008. It had a salvage title and 270K miles. But it also had zero rust, a really good repaint, stock suspension and passed emissions (usually) with completely stock motor. Compression numbers were good. Steering knuckles had been rebuilt/resealed. Oh, and the interior was 8/10 and the dash had zero cracks in it.

So, it looks like we did at least 3 snow runs in 2005. By picture deduction, this was Super Bowl Sunday. I was trying to figure out who had the second red 40. Question answered.

Has anyone heard from Jack in ages? I think we lost him when we switched from Yahoo!Groups to IH8MUD.

Holy cow, Evan is STILL wearing that same green coverall!!!!! Hmm, wonder if it's been washed :censor:

Marc - thanks for all the pictures and the trip down memory lane. It's always shocking to me how quickly these kids grow up, when the rest of us never seem to get any older!?! It just happens so gradually with us geezers, but it's much more dramatic with the kids.

It's also interesting to see how the line-up of trucks has changed over the last 13 years. Lots more 40's back in the day. Mine may have been the only 80 on the run that day, and now we've got 100's and 200's out there on the trail, while the 40's and 60's are fading away. Of course, that one white solid axle 4Runner keeps coming back year after year...

I must admit, I love my insulated green coveralls for snow runs (and changing the oil in the wintertime). I never knew they were supposed to get washed?!?

Thanks for posting these pictures Marc. Ashleigh was browsing last night (first time ever on Mud, probably) and saw them looking for pictures of our NM friends. Good times and good memories. Marc and Danise, Bushrat, Evan, Steve and Wendy (were they driving the pickup?), Jack. One of my kids is a spec in my arms in these pictures and now she's in high school. And my Maggie dog, RIP. And the "pink" 40 as my family called it-where is it and what does it look like? I bet it's worth more than the $3600 I sold it for.

BTW, Marc asked about Jack--I visited him in April when I was traveling for work. He is doing great and still driving his 40 and his 62. Loves to talk about how strong they are, the 62 with over 300k miles and his dd.

I'll see you all again one of these days.

Yep, Chris' blue pickup. Somehow our 80 didn't get into those pictures, except through the windows (behind) of Marc's 60. At least I think that was our 80 - Wendy and I are in there few times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom