Memorial Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just wondering what everyone is doing and who is going to be able to make it on the trail run on 5/28/11 for the frosty park/379 clean up. And if anyone wanted to make a campout of it.

I will be at the trail run, but not camping. Vic

well i guess that makes 2 of us. I plan on camping somewhere though, but maybe I will do that on sunday night instead.

I was planning on going to Grand Junction but Justin has my cruiser so I don't know if the cage will be done by then. If the cage is in I will be wheeling someplace if not I will be working on getting the cage done.

To all who are coming -
Please bring trash bags for trash pickup. We maintain Rd 379 and will be stopping as we go along to pick up trash, etc.

I will bring my grill and you can use it to grill hot dogs, bratwurst, etc. No burgers, please, as they drip too much grease into the bottom of the grill.

I need to get order my new rear bumper. how are the trails that way.
im on a ifs 4runner, 31's, rear locker....curious if I would run into any rear damage on those trails...

I should be a for sure unless something drastic happens. And at work it seems something always does, but i am crossing my fingures.

What sort of wheeling is on this trail? What is the plan for the day, mostly cleanup? traildamage.com seems to be gone

I was planning on going to Grand Junction but Justin has my cruiser so I don't know if the cage will be done by then. If the cage is in I will be wheeling someplace if not I will be working on getting the cage done.

Dont let him pull a justin on you! ;)

The cage is comming along.
100MEDIA_IMAG0481.jpg

The road is easy. There may be too much snow to get through FR 379 in the wooded part but we will work around that if it is indeed the case. Trail cleanup is easy and not time demanding. We pick up clutter and clear some deadfall, if necessary. If we have time, we may try to get into Bull Park, a fun side trip.

Chuck, are you going to ask Justin to paint your rear seatback when he shoots the roll cage, or is this part of the FJ-60 mystique?

I was up and down about this trip for a long time. I have decided I will be there Saturday, but I will meet you at the trailhead. The south meeting location is cool if you have not been up Old Stage road in a while, but I have vowed that I'm never going to drive that damn road again. I have heard rumors that lower Gold Camp is going to be fixed, I really hope that happens.

I'll see you guys there at around 10:15, I'll be on simplex 146.460, or for you guys that have those radios I can't hear until I see you... channel 4.

So me and Anthony r thinking of joint y'all but not sure if his truck will be damage free. Can a '87 4runner make the line to follow or take bypasses to keep up?

So me and Anthony r thinking of joint y'all but not sure if his truck will be damage free. Can a '87 4runner make the line to follow or take bypasses to keep up?

An IFS Toyota with 31's and a rear locker can make it through any trail in this area, I have one myself. We always do everything we can as a group to keep rigs from getting dents and trail damage, We're not the kind of guys to ridicule you if you want to keep your rig respectable looking... Although some light rib poking might take place later. :) Bring out the 'runner! We'll take care of it, promise.

No problem for the 87 Forerunner. All of my damage has been self-inflicted; nothing the group could have done even if it wanted to.

Luke, we will meet you on Gold Camp Rd at the turnoff to FR 379, the wide spot on the main road. My CB is broken so I will yell and scream.

As long as we can make it without damage because he is running no bumpers right now, why he took them off i dunno. If you want to poke fun youre welcome to join me in making fun of him the whole time ;)

So where and when is the meet-up spot?

Iv'e got tougher skin than most/ and sling s*** harder ;)

what time are people meeting?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom