Memorial weekend wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OH! I cant forget this one

Sorry Tracy, I have to post this just cause I can.
stuff 132.jpg

Hey y'alls, nice pics. Also nice to see those FJ's getting some off-road accessories on them. Obviously, they are capable already and with a few extras, you guys will be hitting all the trails that you want too.
Larry, I'm particularly sorry to have missed you, I wanted to see how your rig handled the mud with your mods and tires.
Art, your bumper is kick-arse!

I guess I missed you guys because I didn't get there until late in the day on Saturday. And then left Sunday eve. I had a fair bit of fun, glad to say I didn't break anything (I just finished my axle rebuild hours before I left for the wheelin').
Anyway, as usual, I have some crappy videos. Do you guys have any?
Here's one of the Zuki guys (they are funny, crazy really)
LInk to youtube

Here's a vid with mostly Toyota's.
Link to Google video (note that you can download a higher res version there.

Here's another (yes, starts with muddy kids you've seen already, but it's only for a few seconds.
youtube again

Late Saturday my rear axle started dog tracking. Brent helped me with a trail fix. I used the winch to pull the axle forward and then tightened the top plate bolts down good. At the time I wasn't sure if the center pin had popped out of the hole it sits in or if the center pin had snapped. Just pulled of my rear passenger leaf spring top plate and found the center pin bolt is broke. At least its a cheap fix that shouldn't take long.

Ahhh, I see. I just wanted to make sure y'all weren't avoiding me! After all, I could easily see that you might be jealous of my rig and my driving style and would feel not worthy of treading on my shadow. :lol:

Late Saturday my rear axle started dog tracking. Brent helped me with a trail fix. I used the winch to pull the axle forward and then tightened the top plate bolts down good. At the time I wasn't sure if the center pin had popped out of the hole it sits in or if the center pin had snapped. Just pulled of my rear passenger leaf spring top plate and found the center pin bolt is broke. At least its a cheap fix that shouldn't take long.

What were you trying to do here, Kurt?:popcorn:
attachment.php

What pressure did you get down to on those tires?
That load range "D" bia ply begs to be ran at low pressures.:D Hope to see more pics, your rig is turning out really nicely. Comfy, road worthy and capable off-road~

I will have an empty passenger seat available. I am anxious to try my Super Swampers. :grinpimp:

Hehehe, those tires are packed with mud there, I see.
LOL, now that those are officially Larry's tires,:grinpimp: I'll mention that to break them in under my light '83 pickup, I took the valve cores out and drove them up and down the block several times. On a level plane, with no air, they would hold the truck up off the rims. But, for wheeling, I landed at 6-7 psi for that p\u. I would guess that 10-11 psi would work for the FJ. I'm not sure if they ever spun on the rim at that pressure or not, but I didn't bust a bead.

They look like 35psi to me.:DView attachment 147902

I was running 12-13# and it possibly was still too much. If it hadn't been so muddy I would have tried to run a bit less. Notice the non-stock recess just in front of the gas filler. There is a match to that on that on the passenger side. I was impressed with the LTB SuperSwampers. I couldn't have run with the stock size REVO's on.

Hey y'alls, nice pics. Also nice to see those FJ's getting some off-road accessories on them. Obviously, they are capable already and with a few extras, you guys will be hitting all the trails that you want too.
Larry, I'm particularly sorry to have missed you, I wanted to see how your rig handled the mud with your mods and tires.
Art, your bumper is kick-arse!

I guess I missed you guys because I didn't get there until late in the day on Saturday. And then left Sunday eve. I had a fair bit of fun, glad to say I didn't break anything (I just finished my axle rebuild hours before I left for the wheelin').
Anyway, as usual, I have some crappy videos. Do you guys have any?
Here's one of the Zuki guys (they are funny, crazy really)
LInk to youtube

Here's a vid with mostly Toyota's.
Link to Google video (note that you can download a higher res version there.

Here's another (yes, starts with muddy kids you've seen already, but it's only for a few seconds.
youtube again
Oh, I do have some video footage of most of those on the trail with me and am working on editing into DVD format. I will bring copies to the next meeting for those who want copies. I will bring some blank DVD's to make more if necessary.

What were you trying to do here, Kurt?:popcorn:
Trying to get up "axle alley". My drivers side tires should have been in that rut that my passenger tires are in. I tried to straddle the rut and then slipped in. With it that wet and slippery I should have known better then to try that. No damage or injury done. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom