Memorial weekend wheeling (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
MIOBI is having their Memorial weekend event at Dan's again this year. Price structure has changed. $55 for the weekend for non-members and $25 a day for members & non-members.

Anyone interested in going one of the days?? Good chance to get familiar with the trails prior to our event. I am thinking of going down one of the days. Leaning towards Saturday.

Let me know when you are going to go down. My parents are in town that weekend and I wouldn't mind going down to see how tore up's it gotten since last year.

depending on the work schedule, I'd like to make it down for a day.

Which day were you thinking? I know my dad really wants to see what this wheeling thing I do is all about.

Count me in-

depending on the work schedule, I'd like to make it down for a day.
If your able to make it you can meet Art, Larry, and myself in the Des Moines area and follow us down. Carlisle Casey's east gas station would be a good spot.
Which day were you thinking?
I was thinking Saturday. I would go down early and make a full day of it. Right now I am open to other days. I believe the event ends mid afternoon on Monday so my suggestion is Saturday or Sunday. Maybe see what works for Doc?

If Doc can make it down friday night for the BBQ at my place, he is more than welcome to stay at my place, I can setup the pop-up if needed. I'd offer up our spare bedroom but my parents already have that reserved...

I'd say shoot for Saturday. Not sure if I would be able to make it up Friday night or not.

Thanks!

Memorial Weekend

I as of right now am going wheelin' Saturday.

BBQ at Art's Friday night :beer: and then MIOBI Sat. morning. We will probably spend the night at the Camp grounds on site Sat night.

This all depends on how the kids do. I dont think I will have a problem with them. They probably won't want to leave Sun.

My brother and his family will also be attending. I told him he needs to join the club now that we are building a Toyota buggy together. So make sure to remind him.:D

Finally get to try my SS

Anybody got a time to leave?

From the sounds of it, everyone that is going wheeling on Saturday is also going to be at my place on Friday night...let's discuss the meet up time/place at my place on Friday night. I'm thinking Carlisle at about 9 AM...

now that we are building a Toyota buggy together.
I'd like to hear about this project. He lives in Altoona correct?
I'm thinking Carlisle at about 9 AM...
If we leave at 9am and get there about 10am we may not get on the trails until 11am by the time everyone gets checked in, unloaded, aired down, and every thing set for the trails. I'd like to be there at 9am. I am thinking leave no later then 8am from Des Moines area. (I'd prefer 7:30) Of course we go in two groups.

I'd like to hear about this project. He lives in Altoona correct?

Yes Altoona is correct. It's just my 76 FJ40 back halfed. No need to worry about trees with this one. It will be a long process.

With the rain that we're expecting, is this place going to turn into a mud pit? ( I really do H8 mud.).

With the rain that we're expecting, is this place going to turn into a mud pit? ( I really do H8 mud.).
I H8MUD too. ;) There is always mud down there in some areas. I have been down there after a couple weeks of no rain in the summer and there were still places with mud and standing water. Majority of the time I just avoided those areas. There are several trails and areas that are usually not muddy. Hard to say how much rain we will get and how the land will absorb the water right now. I would think if we stay under 2" next two days we will be fine. Friday is suppose to be nice and dry. The worst part will be getting down into and out of what I call the main interchange. The interchange area sits in a low area and usually has a few mud holes. A lot of times they can be avoided. We call always pull each other through that section. I would suspect if you come down and find you don't want to wheel the 80 you can ride with someone. I bet Larry will have an extra seat.

All of these pictures are from there.....
http://community.webshots.com/user/krenaud33

Empty seat

I will have an empty passenger seat available. I am anxious to try my Super Swampers. :grinpimp:

Rain or shine...I'm going...I'm itching to get the FJ good and muddy and actually use my winch...!!!!!!!!! Bring on the the slop! I should fair a bit better now that I'm lifted and have better tires...

Some of the pics from MIOBI Memorial Day

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0189.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread