Memorial Day Weekend (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Last night 33 degrees, 55 MPH winds in a tent.:eek: Today 200+ miles of dirt.:cool: More to go tomorrow.:steer:
Image00001.jpg
Image00002.jpg

That first pic is really cool. I like how the road goes off into the distance.

what, no snorkelcam this time :confused:

Trip time - 34 hours
Total mileage - 1009 miles
Total dirt mileage ~330 miles
Jennifer(my wife) and myself solo
All navigation by Jennifer, who has always found the best road and attractions:cool:

1st day
2011-05-28_00002.jpg
2011-05-28_00003.jpg
2011-05-28_00004.jpg

Final 1st day

Jennifer finds this road/trail outside of Marble Canyon(5000') that goes to the outside of the entrance of the North rim of the Grand Canyon (9100'). We see no one else on the road that will be a must do again in the future.

We end up at the exact camp site we camped at 8 years ago with no one remotely close to our camp. The big difference from last time was 50+mph winds and ~30°:eek: We will be pushed off the mountain due to snow the next day:eek:
2011-05-28_00008.jpg
2011-05-28_00007.jpg
2011-05-28_00009.jpg

Very cool, I haven't been up there in a while.:cool: I didn't know there were any trails around Marble Canyon. That would be worth a cruiser trip.:hmm::steer:

Trip time - 34 hours
Total mileage - 1009 miles
Total dirt mileage ~330 miles
Jennifer(my wife) and myself solo
All navigation by Jennifer, who has always found the best road and attractions:cool:

1st day

Is that the Little Colorado Canyon? That's a great place for pictures.:cool:

Very cool, I haven't been up there in a while.:cool: I didn't know there were any trails around Marble Canyon. That would be worth a cruiser trip.:hmm::steer:

I have driven Hwy 89 25+ times and never new of any road either. Trust when I say it is not very popular. Long road to the base then switch backs all the way to the top. Had the place all to ourself:cool:

Looks like a great trip - good pics :cool:

Looks great, but that is a ton of seat time!:hillbilly:

What happened to the Hole in the Rock idea?

There is HITR north and HITR south...8PM Friday night I discover the leaders plan was HITR north. HITR south is where the fun is so we went solo elsewhere without a plan. Glad we did had a great time and saw very few people all weekend.

Im looking around for anyone going to South HITR:idea:

There is HITR north and HITR south...8PM Friday night I discover the leaders plan was HITR north. HITR south is where the fun is so we went solo elsewhere without a plan. Glad we did had a great time and saw very few people all weekend.

Im looking around for anyone going to South HITR:idea:

It's on my tick list for sure:steer: