Memorial Day Weekend Activities (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There been some talk about going on a run to either the coast, Tres Ranch, Longs Ranch, Boulder Creek in Marble Falls or some other destination.

What does everyone think about a Memorial Day weekend run? Ideas?

I vote Boulder Creek in Marble Falls or a trip to Padre Island.

I've ruled out the coast and am planning on doing a day trip or one night camping to either Katemcy or Boulder Creek.

Anyone else interested in a day trip to one or both of these locals?

I can't really commit at this point. I know for certain I don't want to camp at either place. I have more of an adventure trip in mind for the long weekend, maybe go someplace I have not been camping for a few days. I am also considering heading home for some SUN!! I am very flaky right now :lol:

Id like to check out boulder creek, when would you want to leave and come back?

Ok, so I just got the 411 from Howard at Boulder Creek.

1. It is $65 per driver to camp, wheel, and participate in the activities for the ENTIRE weekend (Friday through Monday). $25 per passenger for the ENTIRE weekend.
2. We can camp on the trail if we want. Most people will camp in the front, but we are more than welcome to camp on the 750.
3. There are multiple off-road groups going including the Austin Rovers and Crawltex.
4. Registration can be done upon arrival, however, they would like an approximate number of attendies for planning purposes. If we let him know ahead of time, they will check out the trail conditions before arrival.
5. About 100 or so markers have been installed on the trails in the last couple of weeks. Yeehaw!

Some of the highlights are: Wheeling all of the days, guided sunset trail rides, and night time riding is allowed until 10:30 p.m (otherwise known as cherry-time). There will be a sponsored lunch and other fun stuff.

Who's in?

I just heard from Texas Rovers - Dallas Chapter, they're going to have a pretty large group coming down from north Texas and camping for the entire weekend. We may also have some people coming in from Houston. This should be a really fun weekend!

I just heard from Texas Rovers - Dallas Chapter, they're going to have a pretty large group coming down from north Texas and camping for the entire weekend. We may also have some people coming in from Houston. This should be a really fun weekend!

Rover peeps? Count me in :lol::lol::lol: I hope Ben goes and brings his 80 :D

Seriously, if I go it will be to day trip and I won't be able to stay all day. My dog sitter is unavailable :frown: