Membership aid (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
:) Since we're trying to increase our membership, I wonder if it would be possible to have TLCA courtesy cards? Something like a business card with the TLCA logo and a place to put the members name and contact info. They would be good to hand out when you contact someone about membership.

used to get 5 of em every year when you renewed.

You can contact membership and ask for some. We do have them, there is a nominal fee for them, but it's not much.

Good idea, and thanks for getting it where folks can see it;)

chef

Chef, could the TLCA cards be put online like Woody has done? No printing or mailing costs for TLCA, no phone calls to make and a cool new web site to like from......Just a thought.

Green Country has similar cards and I'm sure other clubs do too, wonder if we could get the individual club cards on the forum as well.

Hey Mike;
I'm thinking about your suggestion. While it seems like a good idea initially, if we make them downloadable then one does not have to be a member to get them. I'm not sure that's what I want to do, but I'll run it past the BOD and see what the consensus is...

thx-chef

Chef said:
... if we make them downloadable then one does not have to be a member to get them...

which means what...that people who aren't members of TLCA might be putting cards out and promoting the organization?

I'm missin a downside...

Woody;
Yeah, I know it seems that simple at first...the ones we print are high quality, with color logo, on nice card stock. They go out to members that we "at least sorta know."

If anyone can print them at home, on any quality of printer, on any quality of paper/card stock, this has a reflection on how people intially percieve TLCA.

Not ruling it out, but not ruling it in either. Thanks for your patience whilst the collective thinks....

chef

the problem you may have is people taking their own initiative and making their own.....nothing to stop them...

by furnishing the template...

...you make it easier for them (ie, heading to an event this weekend, print a dozen up on Friday, versus ordering from TLCA and waiting a week...or you spot a truck in the parking lot at work and print up a dozen in the office real quick before the truck is gone...not that any of us would use work computers or printers for that, but since I don't even own a printer at home....er........)

.... you get consistency (versus a handful of members making their own version cause nothing is out there, then the TLCA officers discover they have the art skills of Nolen and people then think TLCA is nothing more than a bunch of 7 year olds with crayons and drool bibs...not that we aren't, but that's not the impression we need...)

I can come up with more positives if you need them :D

Chef said:
...the ones we print are high quality, with color logo, on nice card stock....

all of which sounds good for the business cards I keep in my wallet...which usually end up dirty cause wheelin is such a clean sport....or wet because I left them in my cooler and forgot to put them in a zip lock, but of course, I hand them out anyways, cause another wheeler is just gonna stuff them in their own dirty pocket, with the lint, used gum, and leftover grease from their last birfield change....

the gum just never tastes the same then...

They go out to members that we "at least sorta know."

interestingly, isn't it the newest of the new members who are most jacked on this stuff, wound tight to finally find a quality (sic) group of Cruiserheads to play with, and are then most likely to tell everyone they've ever met in their life about this amazing bunch of Toyota people??

CrruiserCCharlie said:
:) Since we're trying to increase our membership, I wonder if it would be possible to have TLCA courtesy cards? Something like a business card with the TLCA logo and a place to put the members name and contact info. They would be good to hand out when you contact someone about membership.
We already have them. They are free. I used to get them from Park, then have been getting them from Jacki. Hopefully Rhonda got them from Jacki. They come in packs of like, 100 or so. I hand them out at club meetings every so often, and always keep several in my wallet. If you have trouble getting them, or we're out or something, PM me and I'll send ya a bunch, k?

Rzeppa said:
We already have them. They are free. I used to get them from Park, then have been getting them from Jacki. Hopefully Rhonda got them from Jacki. They come in packs of like, 100 or so. I hand them out at club meetings every so often, and always keep several in my wallet. If you have trouble getting them, or we're out or something, PM me and I'll send ya a bunch, k?
THANKS !! Send them!! E-mailed membership, but I'm not certain it got through, so I'd REALLY appreciate if you'd send a few. Send to: Charlie Haas 41449 152nd St. E. Lake Los Angeles, Calif. 93535 THANKS!! again. Charlie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom