Meeting Wed September 5.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

H2o

Threads
Hi everyone. just to remind you that we are meeting at the dealership as usual 7:30pm Wed. with drinks across the street at Hops around 8:30. We want to see you all...

We still have Sat. Sept 16 set as a tech day. We will either do the body shop tech day if Ryan is able to accomodate us, or drum to disk conversion tech day. I will keep you posted but save the date now.

:cheers:

Sebastien.

greytandy said:
Sorry to ask a total noob question, but what actually happens on a "tech day"? Thanks.

That varies greatly depending on the tech day, but generally someone needs to make a repair or mod that's a little difficult and a group of guys get together to help him do it. The idea is that some guys will have done it before and are the guides, and some guys will just come to learn how and lend a hand. Or you could have a group of guys that all need to do the same job on their trucks, so we all get together and do them all at the same time. It works great if the truck owners gets all the parts they need together.

Felix said:
That varies greatly depending on the tech day, but generally someone needs to make a repair or mod that's a little difficult and a group of guys get together to help him do it. The idea is that some guys will have done it before and are the guides, and some guys will just come to learn how and lend a hand. Or you could have a group of guys that all need to do the same job on their trucks, so we all get together and do them all at the same time. It works great if the truck owners gets all the parts they need together.

Thanks Felix. I figured it was something like that. How about power steering tech day! :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

I'd like the body shop tech :D, I've got some dings (from tree hugging) that I can't fix.

greytandy said:
Thanks Felix. I figured it was something like that. How about power steering tech day! :bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2:

Do you have all the components you need? What style are you going with, i.e., mini truck, saginaw box, or fj60?

Mini truck is easiest and can be done in a day if all parts are on hand. John Smith will have some of his mini truck stuff for sale when he does his saginaw box install this winter. I have a loooong punch to make rivet removal a breeze.

Blue77FJ40 said:
Do you have all the components you need? What style are you going with, i.e., mini truck, saginaw box, or fj60?

Mini truck is easiest and can be done in a day if all parts are on hand. John Smith will have some of his mini truck stuff for sale when he does his saginaw box install this winter. I have a loooong punch to make rivet removal a breeze.

I have nary a component. I will buy whatever is recommended by the experienced folks, something easy to install and has some longevity. I don't know squat about installing power steering, hence the tech day rec! :D

See you guys tonite! :bounce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom