Meeting Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Bang Bang

Age is a state of mind.
Threads
Website
www.lalandkrewesers.com
We will post up our (currently) bi-monthly meeting dates, times, general info here.

Our next meeting is going to be Sun March 11 at Mardi Gras World starting at 11am. We will have a meeting / wrenching day. Jonas has a laundry list of stuff he wants to get done and I am sure that several of our other members will be looking to install something. So, bring it with you and we will do what we can to get your wrenching accomplished. We will also have a grill out there so bring what you want cooked.....hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, sausage, steaks, whatever......it will be bring your own meat day. :idea: Make sure to bring bread / buns / condiments / whatever you need to go with it. It will be like a picnic. :D

Brian will post up directions / address to MGW.

Guys if it's ok with Brian I may try to get an even earlier start than 11. I have so much to get knocked out in one day that any extra time will be of help. I hear that just the dremel work alone on my fender flares in order to fit the snorkel takes hours of cutting and fitting. I will also have to cut and fit the bottom section of my rear flares to the new bumper as well as install it. It's going to be time consuming to say the least and I am going to try desperately to find some time to knock out my lights and lower links before then. All of that being said I am looking forward to it.

Guys if it's ok with Brian I may try to get an even earlier start than 11. I have so much to get knocked out in one day that any extra time will be of help. I hear that just the dremel work alone on my fender flares in order to fit the snorkel takes hours of cutting and fitting. I will also have to cut and fit the bottom section of my rear flares to the new bumper as well as install it. It's going to be time consuming to say the least and I am going to try desperately to find some time to knock out my lights and lower links before then. All of that being said I am looking forward to it.

If you want to come to my dads shop on saturday when we are installing my bumper and stuff you are more than welcome.

123ROBERTELEE said:
If you want to come to my dads shop on saturday when we are installing my bumper and stuff you are more than welcome.

Thanks Brad, and I would love to be able to give you a hand but I don't think I can get away this weekend due to work and family obligations.

I'll help with this. I used to be a trim carpenter and need the practice for when I finally snorkel. YO! I got MAD DREMEL SKILLZ!!

How many of us need a SCUBA mod of one variety or the other? (there are at least two versions of it I've seen) If there are several of us, I can pick up the parts and we can do them on all of our rigs. :idea:

How many of us need a SCUBA mod of one variety or the other? (there are at least two versions of it I've seen) If there are several of us, I can pick up the parts and we can do them on all of our rigs. :idea:

I know I need to get it done. It would be awesome if you could get the parts. I'd pay extra for that!

We will post up our (currently) bi-monthly meeting dates, times, general info here.

Our next meeting is going to be Sun March 11 at Mardi Gras World starting at 11am. We will have a meeting / wrenching day. Jonas has a laundry list of stuff he wants to get done and I am sure that several of our other members will be looking to install something. So, bring it with you and we will do what we can to get your wrenching accomplished. We will also have a grill out there so bring what you want cooked.....hot dogs, hamburgers, chicken, sausage, steaks, whatever......it will be bring your own meat day. :idea: Make sure to bring bread / buns / condiments / whatever you need to go with it. It will be like a picnic. :D

Brian will post up directions / address to MGW.

Mardi Gras World
1400 Port of New Orleans Place
NOLA 70130
Drive up to the entrance to MGW then turn right. Follow around past the building until you see the Mississippi River. We'll be over to the right by the big white tent. If the weather is crappy, we'll hang out under the tent. All of our vehicles will fit under there.
Google maps satellite will give you an idea of where we'll be.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
Oh, don't forget to bring your own tools. I'll supply all the power in the world but no tools. I'll have a couple jack stands and wrenched but that is about it.

I should be able to make this. I've done my lower links, removed the rear swaybar and the scuba mod, so I'd be willing to help as much as I can. I am willing to bring my portable air compressor and a few air tools.

Bart

I should be able to make this. I've done my lower links, removed the rear swaybar and the scuba mod, so I'd be willing to help as much as I can. I am willing to bring my portable air compressor and a few air tools.

Bart

Bring my welder too if you want. Let me know what it needs so I can fix it.

I have jack stands and miscellaneous hand tools. I'll bring. I have a Dremel I bought a couple weeks ago and haven't taken out of the case yet. I'll bring that too.

Sears is having a big tool sale this weekend. Starts today if anyone is interested. I'm thinking about picking up a good shop jack.

Guys, I got the banner in yesterday and it looks FANTASTIC!! We will be scheduling a photo shoot at NST but I would also like to do a group shot at MGW before / during / after the March meeting so please do what you can to make it to the meeting. Hopefully the weather cooperates that day and we can use the river as a background instead of the inside of a tent. :idea:

For the SCUBA mod folks (me, Beach & Grouper so far), do you guys want to go with Shadow Warrior's setup (about $30 in parts) or FJNewb's setup (about $80 I understand). Shadow vents under hood; Newb to the jack compartment in rear interior. Check out differences in the Blue Room. Search SCUBA mod. FJNewb's pages have a link to his mod, which also shows Warrior's. If we do Newb's mod, he sells his kit to you. If Warrior's, I'll go to auto parts store and piece 3 together (or more if anyone else wants in).

Still at work at 4:45 on Sunday afternoon. :censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom