meeting minutes-march edition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I challenge anyone to demonstrate more long road trip miles in their Cruiser than I've done in the last 6 six years.

Bushrat has you beat by 30,000 miles; probably more. Annual trips to the tip of Baja, every year to Moab at least once, other trips to the Canyonlands. He goes on all the club runs including the Colorado trips.

You're probably a distant 4th... at best. :D

-Mike-

We're talking leaf springs...

Oh, and BTW the dirty little secret about leaf springs is that they have a progressive rate (K value) making them often outperform coils (fixed rate) in ride quality.

I think somewhere between 40 and 50,000 total miles for these trips. :)

Now you're in 5th place... at best.

I've done over 70,000 miles in the Cruiser in a little over 5 years. More total and more per year than you. And most of those miles were with 6 screaming kids/scouts in the back too. Albeit they were a little older than your two boys but that just makes them louder.

-Mike-

Last time I checked one of the big "selling points" for an 80 was "solid axles" front and rear.

Gee, really? ? ? Is that good or bad? I thought it had a soft, straight axle. ;)

-Mike-

Bushrat has you beat by 30,000 miles; probably more. Annual trips to the tip of Baja, every year to Moab at least once, other trips to the Canyonlands.
-Mike-

I was going to say "keep me out of this," but realized I'm a contender. I just did 3000 miles to Baja and back, which I've done five times since 2003. I went to North Carolina, up to upper Michigan, down to Missouri, then home this last summer. Then to western Canyonlands this last October, and October 2005.

And I don't care what Greg says about leaf springs ... they suck.

getting back to an original note of this thread. there is still no volunteer to host the April meeting on April 14th.
Jill has informed me that she doesn't mind hosting again. so we can do it. unless there is someone else chomping at the bit to host.

we have a winner!...err, host. Skipper and Kathy Brown will host. i will send the address to Jon to be put on the web site.

oh, and Skipper has the stickers that have been asked about. a great time to get them, we know he should be there. :D

Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom