Meeting in Pottstown? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

PAToyota

Keystone Cruisers
SILVER Star
Threads
There have been discussions of having something in addition to the annual meeting at Shady Maple and I happened to notice that Eastwood in Pottstown will host a car club meeting. Have it in their room, check out their products, and they could possibly even do a demonstration.

I contacted them and they say to contact Jennifer at jfuller@eastwood.com to arrange a meeting at Eastwood: 263 Shoemaker Rd, Pottstown, PA 19464.

They did a presentation on rust prevention products at a recent meeting. I'm sure they'd be open to suggestions on what we'd like to see.

I’m in. Keep meaning to check that place out...

I've used there rust encapsulater. I really like it.

I was down there a couple years ago for their workshop with Gene Winfield on metalworking. For being in his 80's at the time, Gene hadn't slowed down at all - putting in two long days teaching and beating on metal all day long.

IMG_3392.JPG

The class was in the room they use for their videos - a pretty big space. I assume that's where they would have the meeting.

IMG_3380.JPG

I haven't been as active in the club activities, but I can contact them and see what we can put together unless someone else wants to take point.

Sounds like a great idea... I’d welcome the opportunity!

Ha, I was also in a gene class about 2 years ago. Really cool stuff there.

I was there in June 2015 - as you say, lots of cool information.

Should I go ahead and contact them or does someone else want/need to? I know the club is pretty informal, but I don't want to step on any toes. If I should go ahead, what are the thoughts for when? With many people traveling to get there, I'm guessing a weekend would be better than an evening? Sometime in May perhaps?

I talked to my buddy last night, he said it’s wide open unless they have planned events. Can’t set it up through him unfortunately. He did ask if we go forward to mention his name (Matt Murray). First two weekends of May I’m jammed up but wide open other than that.

Ok, since I'm not hearing any objections, I'll contact Jennifer to see if we can set something up for the 19th or 26th of May and report back.

Ok, since I'm not hearing any objections, I'll contact Jennifer to see if we can set something up for the 19th or 26th of May and report back.

Go for it!

I sent Jennifer an email. They have another event on the 19th, so she has us penciled in for the 26th of May. She asks how many people are coming and what we'd like to see as far as a presentation or demonstration? Also, what time of day would we be shooting for?

For anyone not familiar with Eastwood, here is the link to the Pottstown location: Pottstown Retail Store

From there you can check out the rest of their site to get an idea of their products.

I was there in June 2015 - as you say, lots of cool information.

Should I go ahead and contact them or does someone else want/need to? I know the club is pretty informal, but I don't want to step on any toes. If I should go ahead, what are the thoughts for when? With many people traveling to get there, I'm guessing a weekend would be better than an evening? Sometime in May perhaps?
No toes we're injured during this post. Glad you guys are moving forward, I was late to this thread.

I sent Jennifer an email. They have another event on the 19th, so she has us penciled in for the 26th of May. She asks how many people are coming and what we'd like to see as far as a presentation or demonstration? Also, what time of day would we be shooting for?

For anyone not familiar with Eastwood, here is the link to the Pottstown location: Pottstown Retail Store

From there you can check out the rest of their site to get an idea of their products.

I'm out for the 26th, but go for it guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom