Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The driver’s door card was always pretty warped but I thought maybe being attached to the door would straighten it out over time. Didn’t happen so I ended up laying it flat, put a damp towel over it then the table and weight for a day. Then drying for another day with weight on it. Should stay flat now.

6C2347D9-05CA-43DB-AC13-44A79E6EC109.jpeg

379C1D3B-CC6B-4154-9758-A5EF6B35FDB9.jpeg

40BDD357-5F65-4039-817A-475299216DBB.jpeg

Hi, Very nice restore. I got tired of my cards warping and replaced them with a no holes peg board like material. It seemed like the old ones just kept warping. I also cut new plastic sheeting for the barrier behind them . Dashes seem to just keep cracking , removing the vinyl and glueing in new material with vacuum forming seems to me to be the best way. Mike

Not really, still need to do the exhaust and get smogged. I’ve been slowly designing a front bumper and rounding up material. It goes for the occasional joyride but that’s about it. Once Summer is over I’ll get it finished up. I don’t see myself grabbing it’s keys over my dd 60 so I’m not sure if it will be a keeper or not. Seems cruel to just have it sitting in the garage.

I’ve been designing a front bumper for a while and last week this popped up in the classifieds. @megolfer was super cool and let me go pick up the bumper for a test fit before deciding on the purchase. It just needed a couple brackets cut and new ones fabbed and welded because of the shackle reversal. I think it looks pretty good. There is a matching back one that will go on soon.

2C8F5D9E-FF53-4E89-9A5C-3E2380EDB4AD.jpeg

CE51E220-9CAC-48D7-B997-C5FF5A84ACB3.jpeg

2A1CE462-1DA5-49DE-8970-EC3B7B294A24.jpeg

5A43BF9C-15BB-46C0-BD42-04F1B23FE3B2.jpeg

Love that you brought it back to life.

Over the weekend I installed relays in the passenger doors for the windows. It made a big difference.

View attachment 1801280

View attachment 1801282

Awesome work!
I need to do this.
If you would be kind enough to share what relays you used, and where you purchased them, I would be grateful!
I will do more research here on Mud too. I have a few of the threads bookmarked.
(My passenger rear is WAY slow in the cooler weather)
Thank you, and again, sweet work!

Like drinking water through an illegal straw and then adding the relay's and drinking through a garden hose! Awesome work.

Awesome work!
I need to do this.
If you would be kind enough to share what relays you used, and where you purchased them, I would be grateful!
I will do more research here on Mud too. I have a few of the threads bookmarked.
(My passenger rear is WAY slow in the cooler weather)
Thank you, and again, sweet work!
I used these. Not sure of the quality or longevity but for the price, I have extras.

E5103BF0-1205-4872-B4D8-9ABBBC7EC67B.jpeg

Nice work... So what is the purpose of the relays?
The OEM design has all the power/current for the motor traveling through the door switches. The factory design has the circuit ground at the driver master switch as well. So when you push up on a door switch, power flows through to the motor via the switch and the ground for the motor travels back up through the other leg of the switch, through the harness, through the applicable switch in the driver master panel, through the window lock switch, and finally to ground at the driver’s A pillar.
The relay becomes the switch for the motor power and the door switch just controls the relay that requires a miniscal amount of power to operate. It requires two for each passenger door, one for up and one for down. The driver door came with relays.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom