Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If you have to paint raised lettering like that, easiest way I remember from when I used to build model cars/planes/etc. was to take a marble and dip part in the paint then go over the lettering with the painted end. Dont need it dripping, just enough to touch the letters only, worked like a charm.

Back on its feet

F2A8E8BA-ABDB-42E0-8551-20C26DBDBE6C.jpeg

0A54104E-E2A3-4EDC-AE7F-058EE4DB36A0.jpeg

F1406A6E-797F-4F05-BE5C-73AFFD77EB7A.jpeg

Funny how it makes the things we haven't touched yet look that much worse. Nice attention to detail and documentation.:cheers:

Funny how it makes the things we haven't touched yet look that much worse. Nice attention to detail and documentation.:cheers:
No doubt. That’s what caused the POR15 craziness. Still need to do the 3rd, I squeezed in there between the jack stands to check it out while the axles were out but that’s about it. Seems I am getting a bit larger year after year and can’t fit into small spaces comfortably anymore. Thanks. :beer:

Nothing exciting on the rear drums.
Next on the agenda...a few more solid days of test drives then exhaust. Hopefully my major work is done and I can enjoy putting some miles in.

CAB2AE00-8E99-41D6-9348-CBE8223CD73C.jpeg

6DAA3ABA-7185-4162-8505-B5F79FFB8298.jpeg

Yeah those bell cranks clean up nicely in the buzzbox. Did you pack the boot and inside with anti-seize?

Yeah those bell cranks clean up nicely in the buzzbox. Did you pack the boot and inside with anti-seize?
Just a little dry spray lube. I normally shoot them with some spray whenever I’m greasing zerts.

POR15. Good Stuff. I am going to copy cat you like a MF'er with the POR15.
It’s tried and true. You know it’s a solid product when you have to wear it for a week because the spot under your arm you didn’t see when done doesn’t scrub off in the shower.

It’s tried and true. You know it’s a solid product when you have to wear it for a week because the spot under your arm you didn’t see when done doesn’t scrub off in the shower.
Oh yes, believe me. I had a wedding to attend when I found out the same thing. My wife still brings it up from time to time. Funny what they remember.

I've been captivated by this build and your methodical work. What are your steps in applying POR15? grinding, prepping, etc.?

I've been captivated by this build and your methodical work. What are your steps in applying POR15? grinding, prepping, etc.?
Thanks. For prep I normally degrease, wire wheel, sometimes sand with some grit around 100. It doesn’t like super smooth surfaces. It works the best over a freshly sandblasted surface. I’ve used their metal prep stuff but I prefer a pre paint wax remover/degreaser as the final prep. An auto paint house will have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom