Builds Meet Phoenix aka Zombie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
A couple of weeks ago, my business partner sent me this...

IMG_7781.JPG

!!!!
God looking at that I feel like that is on Escalon-Bellota Rd. in between Escalon and Stockton or maybe somewhere in Farmington. That area all looks the same having grown up in it but DAMN!

It has been gutted, but i could see all the door cards, seats, and misc pieces were all there...minus the carpet and radio.
The guy happened to be outside when I was out there looking so I went over to talk to him. He didn't have much info on it other than it had been in storage since about 2007 and they picked it up about 3 years ago to fix up but it never happened...looks like they just used it to store enough junk to fill a small dumpster.

IMG_7688.JPG

IMG_7693.JPG

IMG_7719.JPG

Zero rust on the undercarriage, a couple of tiny surface rust spots on passenger fender and driver's door where someone chipped the paint. Edit*** After washing off all the funk there are quite a few little spots around where the paint was penetrated. Nothing major just little surface things. Except passenger fender and around battery tray.
It has an OME lift on it that's in decent shape. Someone did a shackle reversal on the front, looks like a clean job. There must have been a custom bumper on the front as both front fenders have been trimmed with the same contour. Sad to see that but the work was clean at least.
There was an Advanced Adapters sticker on the rear window but transmission and transfer case appear to be stock.
Headliner is in great shape.

So....what's a guy to do? This thing is pleading with me that it wants to live...I'm arguing back that it's too far gone...it argues back look at all of my good parts...I come back with 'everything is a disaster...we go back and forth like this for days...

Last edited:
!!!!
God looking at that I feel like that is on Escalon-Bellota Rd. in between Escalon and Stockton or maybe somewhere in Farmington. That area all looks the same having grown up in it but DAMN!
This is in between Hanford and Lemoore, I hear ya, the whole valley pretty much looks the same.

LOL... well all depends on how much work you want to put into it. Some new glass, a little wash and putting things back together inside, some new tires and you may have a road ready rig in no time.

OK, where did you park it when it came home with you? Notice, I didn't ask IF it came home with you or IF you are making plans to transport it. Assumptive close on this deal......sub'd. I love the white.

I share your optimism so I pulled the trigger on it. My thoughts were, worst case scenario, someone is going to end up with a rust free frame and body to build up.

How do I like the last post more than once? I keep hitting the button but it stays the same.

When I started on Buster Brown you helped enable me. I only hope I can return the favor....

OK, where did you park it when it came home with you? Notice, I didn't ask IF it came home with you or IF you are making plans to transport it. Assumptive close on this deal......sub'd. I love the white.
Haha, good call. It's still there, I pulled the wheels yesterday and made sure all the axles spun freely before I went further. I picked up a set of wheels and tires off CL yesterday. Spent the rest of the day throwing out trash and junk from inside and cleaning. Brought the door cards and stuff home.
The plan was to mount tires and pressure wash everything inside and out, and pull it home today. We're on a weather delay...

Wow that inside is destroyed! But salvageable... question is did it turn over?!
The plan is to get it in the garage, pull plugs, valve cover, distributor, get some oil in the cylinders, try turning by hand, inspect inside tank, clean up fuel delivery system...then see if she'll fire.
I would give myself about an 8/10 on 2F knowledge...probably a 3/10 on this platform so a lot of time will be spent in the books and bugging you folks.

Maybe use a 5 gal jug and an EFI fuel pump and totally bypass the OEM gas tank for now. You sure don't want to send 2007-era sludge toward the engine and thru the fuel filter. If it has had oil in it, 3F-Es are hard to kill. Most of all, take your time before you attempt to start it.

Nothing a quick attack from an air compressor can't fix. Those door cards are still in really good shape.

dude, this is going to be an awesome truck, nothing like getting a dead vehicle like the one you have and bringing it back. believe me, you're gonna love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom