Builds Meet Foster -1988 BJ73 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome build and truck! Just seeing this now and scanning through it, so maybe I missed the info. What size spacers, if any, are you using to run the OEM 17" sequoia/tundra rims?

Thank you!

Awesome build and truck! Just seeing this now and scanning through it, so maybe I missed the info. What size spacers, if any, are you using to run the OEM 17" sequoia/tundra rims?

Thank you!
@dieseldog - what did you tell me was in there?

@dieseldog - what did you tell me was in there?
They're not spacers. They are adapters that I purchased from a place I can't recall off the top of my head (somebody on the west coast?). These adapters bolt to the studs and provide another set of studs to bolt the wheel onto, so there's no lessening of the amount of threads that the lug nuts thread onto like there is with spacers. In many places, spacers are even illegal. These adapters are much much better, and perfectly legal.

Legal in the U.S. anyway. Not in Australia however.

By the way Spidertrax calls them spacers :lol:

Screenshot_2019-10-18 1960-1984 FJ40.png

I’d like to run the 17” sequoia / tundra rims like Hugh has on his truck. The Steelies probably look better, but I’m going to run 35/10.5/17s so saving a few lbs with the rim is probably a good idea.

that said, are the 1.5” spacers still the right size?

thanks guys!

I’d like to run the 17” sequoia / tundra rims like Hugh has on his truck. The Steelies probably look better, but I’m going to run 35/10.5/17s so saving a few lbs with the rim is probably a good idea.

that said, are the 1.5” spacers still the right size?

thanks guys!
That is what DD says he put on there. I have not pulled a wheel but I trust his info is correct.

Changed the oil and filter today. Nothing remarkable.
I drained the coolant and noted it was fairly dirty. I can not recall if Javier changed it. But here is a weird thing,
I opened the cap and drained the radiator and then opened then drained the coolant from the engine drain. Closed both.
When I tried to refill the coolant I was unable to put in more than about a half of a gallon. It was as if I had an air bubble that would not release. But that is not right. The coolant did not even seem to run into the radiator. I found I had to squeeze/pump the lower hose to allow any coolant to run in.

Me thinks Foster has a coolant system issue. It was a gross day here so I did not go for a drive to see if the temp ran normal.

I R&Red Foster's radiator. Had it cored locally and that solved my overhearing issue. I posted a thread on the process.

Since Covid, :princess: was laid off and has had little to do so she cleaned the truck to within an inch of its life. The interior was filthy. There was even mold growing on the dash pad. She said it took two changes of water to clean the filth out of the headliner. It is so nice and clean.

So yesterday we took a drive around Rome and this happened....what are the chances:

20200502_132054.jpg
20200502_125648.jpg
20200502_125642.jpg
20200502_125956.jpg

The Troopy belongs to @60toyetero

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom