Builds Meet Foster -1988 BJ73 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gotta pay to play I guess.
In other news, I scored this glove box latch for $12 and it actually fit.

Wow - that's a terrible picture.

Just a couple 6/32 screws and nuts.

Last edited:
Thanks for the part number beno. This is one of those things that just makes an owner feel good about their truck:
20190216_141920.jpg

Very pretty.

Now I need a new one :bang: Thanks :flipoff2:

That one won't fit your hood.

Well I didn't mean that exact one. :)

It may be tricky to get one for a wide nose. The only markets that got them with the plain hood (no intercooler scoop) were South Africa and Japan for the 30th anniversary. 53341-60300.

It may be tricky to get one for a wide nose. The only markets that got them with the plain hood (no intercooler scoop) were South Africa and Japan for the 30th anniversary. 53341-60300.
I'll just get some cardboard. Starting in about the 2nd grade I developed some mean skills with a pair of scissors. My teacher said I had a lot of potential.

Ah yes, CAD.

Cardboard
Aided
Design.

Very pretty.

Now I need a new one :bang: Thanks :flipoff2:
The guy said it was the only one in the US. I am sure the resources here could find another.

When my parts cleats went in the display case my connections didn't;)

This may not seem like a big deal but it was a huge step for me today.
I moved a bunch of stuff around in the shop (mostly reclaimed old lumber) and was able to move Foster in there. This was a major accomplishment because that is where all the tools are so I can finally get to the t case rebuild. Sadly - or not - it will have to wait a few more weekends. Asheville next weekend then headed to a GSMTR planning meeting at Windrock Park the weekend after.
I am so pleased I was able to accomplish this today. I am beat.
IMG-20190218-WA0001.jpeg

This may not seem like a big deal but it was a huge step for me today.
I moved a bunch of stuff around in the shop (mostly reclaimed old lumber) and was able to move Foster in there. This was a major accomplishment because that is where all the tools are so I can finally get to the t case rebuild. Sadly - or not - it will have to wait a few more weekends. Asheville next weekend then headed to a GSMTR planning meeting at Windrock Park the weekend after.
I am so pleased I was able to accomplish this today. I am beat.

Hello,

Nothing like a small victory over an apparently minor issue.

Juan

I have had the local dealership take my money for 70-series parts that are in the USA and then not be able to deliver the parts, refunding my money.

I use CAD all the time, built some sweet trucks with it. Nothing wrong with a little cardboard to make things easier if you don’t have the high tech expensive gear.

Cheers

I hope. It is in pieces right now and I buggered the tcase to transmission seal so I am waiting on one of those. Hopefully I will get the stuff by the end of the week and I can get it put back together on Sunday. The goal is to get it road worthy for the event. :princess: is going to drive it out there.

Was there a 4.0 liter narrow nose BJ73?
I was looking at the Dobinsons snorkels and they list for a 4.0 liter but not the 3.5.
That would be an HZJ73, with the six-cylinder diesel.

Last edited:
@Hugh Heifer Any updates on rebuilding the t-case? Are you going to be able to get it done in time for GSMTR?
I forgot to post up in here that I did rebuild the t-case. It is far harder with the transmission in the truck but it is sealed up tight. This past weekend the wife and I took Foster down to Hickory, NC for the weekend. Climbing back up the mountain to Blowing Rock was no joke. Foster overheated pretty good. I was not paying close attention and did not expect it so I am hoping he was not too hot too long. Pulled over and let him cool and then had to add about 2 quarts of water. After that I just took it far easier on the RPMs. Once on top of the mountain it was smooth sailing.

Due to the overheating I am going to go ahead and flush the radiator (since I added straight water from the beer cooler). Of course hilarity ensued when we were putting the cooler back in the truck and MH asked, "Isn't that anti-freeze?" pointing at the new bottle of Peak hidden behind all our crap.

I also plan to change the oil with some 15w-40 T4 Rotella non-synthetic. I am not sure what Javier put in there before sending us on our way from Houston last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom