Mecum Kissimmee (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last month at Mecum, I witnessed the biggest accumulation of nice classic Land Cruisers ever in one place.

L - 20220109_123733.jpg

L - 20220109_134047.jpg

L - 20220109_134800.jpg

L - 20220109_134841.jpg

L - 20220109_135204.jpg

The amount of classic Cruisers surprised me. This is only some of them. There must have been thirty 40/45 series there.

L - 20220109_135329.jpg

L - 20220109_135353.jpg

L - 20220109_135909.jpg

L - 20220109_140733.jpg

L - 20220109_141146.jpg

Wow. And all from South America besides the firetruck.

Seems like there are a lot more from South America recently. Is is my imagination or are there more listed for sale from South America recently?

Most of the 45 pickups' beds there had external stake pockets. Having lived in Costa Rica and been in Venezuela and most other CA countries, I've never seen this before. Maybe it's a Brazilian Banderante thing? South Aftrica? Maybe someone is producing aftermarket sheet metal?
The metal on these beds sure was straight and appeared unworked. Highly unusual for these types of trucks.

The "Otro Toyota" decals below the windshield sure indicate central America trucks. I'm not sure if it was just the Coopesa assembled trucks that got the decals. I don't think the Japan imports or Brazil assembled trucks got them.

Seems like there are a lot more from South America recently. Is is my imagination or are there more listed for sale from South America recently?
40s are the Jeeps of the rest of the world, very common down there. Once people in South And Central America realized what Americans would pay for them, the "restorations" starting coming here. I've seen photos that looked like really nice restorations, but I personally never would trust what I hadn't seen myself in bare metal.

Last edited:

The last 3-4 years they have been pouring in, all of the ones Steve pictured are from SA besides the firetruck.

Most of the 45 pickups' beds there had external stake pockets. Having lived in Costa Rica and been in Venezuela and most other CA countries, I've never seen this before. Maybe it's a Brazilian Banderante thing? South Aftrica? Maybe someone is producing aftermarket sheet metal?
The metal on these beds sure was straight and appeared unworked. Highly unusual for these types of trucks.

The "Otro Toyota" decals below the windshield sure indicate central America trucks. I'm not sure if it was just the Coopesa assembled trucks that got the decals. I don't think the Japan imports or Brazil assembled trucks got them.

Stake pockets are Venezuala/Colombia-made beds for sure.
The real crime though is you were in town and didn't mention it :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom