Mechanics in San Antonio/austin/san marcos area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
Does anybody have any suggestions for any mechanics in the san antonio,austin,san marcos or new braunfels area? Thanks
victor

In San Antonio, try either Dalbert's on Dinn Drive (in a strange neighborhood, but his guys have worked on Cruisers over the years) or Orient Auto on Braniff by the Airport (Russell and the guys are very good). Neither are Cruiser only, but they are good, solid, honest mechanics.

When I lived in San Antonio, I used both when I didn't have time to wrench.

Bearden Automotive in Austin (they are North of downtown if that helps). They just did about $k of work on the 80 and seem to know whats up. A lot of the local Lone Star cruiser guys go there I guess. Toyota master techs work there.

In SA: Mr. Vick's near I-10 & Camp Bullis Rd 2106981125. Recommended by Duffin Engine -- premier engine rebuilders in the area. Knows cruisers and has even been known to bail out a home wrench job gone bad. ;)

Badder's Garage downtown on Colorado Street.

Neither are strictly landcruiser, but both do very good work. Mr. Vick's is a slab and 1 guy with some serious know-how. Badders is a large operation. Both are straight shooters.

I used to live in New Braunfels. New Braunfels has Wimberly 4X4 (Land Crusier only) They mostly deal with FJ40s and 60s. They beat everyones price on my OME and ARB bullbar. They are located on the frontage road of I-35 between New Braunfels and San Maros. San Marcos Toyota has a Mech with an FZJ80, I think his name is Brad. They are pretty good to work with. Although San Marcos Toyota gave me a $4500 estimate for a new engine when my crank shaft pully bolt was loose...(they tried to buy my truck when they gave me this estimate)

I only go to The Dealer Alternative on Bitters Road in San Antonio. All they do are Lexus and Toyotas. All their people are ex dealership mechanics and they are very reasonable. It's a real high class place.

try a guy in austin by the name of mike muller. he is the land cruiser expert. even worked on lyle lovettes cruiser. no joke, he is the man, still wish i lived in ol tx still, but hit this guy up, you wont regret you did. hes in travis county over by shady grove going out towards lakeway

I only go to The Dealer Alternative on Bitters Road in San Antonio. All they do are Lexus and Toyotas. All their people are ex dealership mechanics and they are very reasonable. It's a real high class place.

x2 on Tony and Johnny good guys and the price is always right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom