Mechanical Fuel Pump Rebuild Options (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, like most of yall I dont wanna spend $200 on a new fuel pump from cool cruisers and the rebuild kits seem to be gone with the wind. I did however find this
Has anyone bought this and had a working fuel pump afterwords? I havent taken my pump apart yet, but I figure its most likely the diaphragm that blew given the puddle of gas under my cruiser... and after all $40 sounds nicer than $200, but at the same time why couldnt I buy some gasket material like BUNA-N with some fiber reinforcement and just replace the diaphragm with my own material?

part number 2310061011 from toyota is only 150.00. your time is only worth what you say it is....personally im good with replacing the pump every decade or so.

I rebuilt a couple of pre-79 pancake fuel pumps a while back using Viton sheets. One big problem is the center clamping toggle for the diaphragm. I ended up making my own from stainless bolts that were ground to shape. I couldn't get more than 2.5 psi fuel pressure out of the rebuilt pump. I am not sure if I used too thick of Viton sheet rubber, or if Viton just doesn't flex enough. Anyway, I blew it off for the time being since I had 4 other OEM pumps on my shelf. These pumps look VERY similar to early Chevy pancake pumps and I keep wondering if one of those rebuild kits might work.

So, I was looking on the City racer, is there any difference between the 77-78 fuel pump vs the 77 and earlier? My fuel pump of course is the 77-78 and sold out. But other websites seem to have it for more money. Ill probably have enough time between ordering a pump and it arrive to get bored enough to try and rebuild it without a kit

So, I was looking on the City racer, is there any difference between the 77-78 fuel pump vs the 77 and earlier? My fuel pump of course is the 77-78 and sold out. But other websites seem to have it for more money. Ill probably have enough time between ordering a pump and it arrive to get bored enough to try and rebuild it without a kit
the only differences are inlet and out let locations and connection types....the later has connections to clear the oil cooler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom