Mechanical Fuel Pump Cam Lobe Problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, new to the forum. My 84 4 speed with the 2F has been amazingly reliable for the 8 or so years I’ve owned it but in the last few months I’ve had consistent fuel problems.
Initially I isolated the original fuel pump as being the problem when it was mounted on the block, so I replaced it. That seemed to solve the problem but a few months later, I experienced the same issue of fuel not reaching the carb after driving for some time. Turned out to be the fuel pump again. I put on an electric universal fuel pump to get home, and realized that when I remove the old and new mechanical pumps, they work when I manually press the lever, but mounted up with the spacer and gasket they don’t.
Could it be that my cam lobe is worn down, chewed up, or otherwise unable to press the lever anymore?

Post a couple pics of the pump you're using. Alcohol fuels are hell on these fuel systems. OSS is onto something with having you check fuel system restrictions.

Hi all, new to the forum. My 84 4 speed with the 2F has been amazingly reliable for the 8 or so years I’ve owned it but in the last few months I’ve had consistent fuel problems.
Initially I isolated the original fuel pump as being the problem when it was mounted on the block, so I replaced it. That seemed to solve the problem but a few months later, I experienced the same issue of fuel not reaching the carb after driving for some time. Turned out to be the fuel pump again. I put on an electric universal fuel pump to get home, and realized that when I remove the old and new mechanical pumps, they work when I manually press the lever, but mounted up with the spacer and gasket they don’t.
Could it be that my cam lobe is worn down, chewed up, or otherwise unable to press the lever anymore?

Are you running a OEM TOYOTA Land Cruiser Gas Cap ............. 🤔

if it is oEM is it New or Old ?

if a Rock Auto Cap , then this is a Huge RED flag

your FJ60 Gas Cap should look like this exact one here is mY example Link Below

my point :

the OEM TOYOTA Cap is ONE way Vented In ................fyi

if u have a bad cap or aftemarket one non vented , you can have these exact symptoms

Way back I bought a aftermarket pump and tried to replace my stock pump. I noticed but had no experience to realize the shape of the acuaters were slightly different. I blame it on the fact that maybe between those years the actuater length differed (or it was just crap) . The new aftermarket pump got its acuater sheared off w/in a few days. After that I bought a kyosan and since only recommend that brand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom