Mechanic in Alabama (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Where is Frankie's Off Road Located
I think he is in Bama I just dont know where

Rainbow City?

Rainbow City?

yep outside of Gadsden. Not hard to find just Mapquest

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, sans-serif]Frankies Off Road
740 Steele station road
Rainbowcity AL.35906
256-413-8300[/FONT]

What type work are you needing done?

My oil pressure gauge drops to nothing when I am stopped. And I am losing oil somewhere I cannot find. I figured the two were probably related. The guy I was going to said it was fine and to just not look at the gauge, and add oil when it needs it.....

way too close to ACC not to take it there. It's hard to find folks that know these trucks like you need them to. 1.5 hours away ain't too far in the grand scheme of things.
And hang out in DixieLand forum too! And maybe drive to the next meeting and pop the hood and let everyone belly up to the engine.

If you feel like driving to Anniston, lndcruz could probably figure it out after a couple of Keystone tall boys. Also, you could check out caos4x4.com, it's mostly heeps, but it's out of birmingham, and they're usually eager to help.

Bama LC said:
I'm in Birmingham and need to find someone who knows 80's.... Thoughts?

ACC Toyota talk to Will or Brian both great Guys.

ACC Toyota is worth the drive since they do it for a living and know what to do and how to do it right. Talk to Will or Brian both great guys.

My oil pressure gauge drops to nothing when I am stopped. And I am losing oil somewhere I cannot find. I figured the two were probably related. The guy I was going to said it was fine and to just not look at the gauge, and add oil when it needs it.....

lemme axe you dis: How fast are you loosing your oil? Or shall I say, how often are you having to top it off? If you're loosing it but can't find it dripping anywhere then try changing the PCV valve. It's quick and cheap. Alot of people change these even when it appears to be working and have luck with burning oil. And it might be loose, which could be the reason the pressure drops when at idle.

If you feel like driving to Anniston, lndcruz could probably figure it out after a couple of Keystone tall boys. Also, you could check out caos4x4.com, it's mostly heeps, but it's out of birmingham, and they're usually eager to help.

Haha.

Thanks everyone for your input. I am definitely going to get up with the local folks, and see what's what. If I still have no luck, I might need to trek to ATL or Huntsville. I am in Anniston pretty often, and tall boys are the way to go, so thanks again for the options. If I find a guide on here, I will check out the PCV for sure.

One more thing to check before you go driving everywhere... From underneath, look just to the driver's side of the front crankshaft pulley. This is where your oil pump is... If the rubber O-ring seal of the "cover" of the pump is very bad, it will be leaking badly and is the reason the oil pump cannot make much oil pressure. If there is evidence of a lot of oil leakage there, I would not drive the truck much, if at all...

Here is writeup of how to change that pump seal, but it will also be useful in helping you see what I am talking about... https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/72514-how-replace-oil-pump-seal-w-pics.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom