Meaty Meat Meats... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

JeffJ60

Carb-loading since the 80's.
Threads
Big Red gets the 33x9.5's installed today so I can utilize the chrome stockers... Consequently, I have a set of lovely white wagon wheels with 235 x 85 x 16's which are 8-10yrs old, but lots of tread life and perhaps a tiny bit of drying on the inner sidewalls... No cracks. These are G-rated monsters from the PO.

I am willing to trade for pretty much anything, to include help installing an air rail and finding and correcting the source of the oh so slight knock in the engine...

I can post more pics if there's interest.

red4.jpg
red4.jpg

Oooh baby, I have a thing for 16" truck tires.

What size are the rims? 16x7?

And the tires are LT235/85R16?

I will trade you for air rail installation. Heck, I might have a decent used rail somewhere.

But I will not be in cleveland (strongsville) until May 24th.
Maybe you would want to head down this way for an afternoon of wrenching and tire swappage?

swapology

I think they are 16" x 7", and yes the tire size is 235/85/R16... I'll look at my calendar today and gather a few dates. I actually have a used air rail (thank you Elbert) but am not sure if my leak comes from there or from the injector nozzle as both look pretty rusted out!
rustrail.jpg

Consider the swap done! Thanks Jim!:beer:
rustrail.jpg

Uhhh... where are the after pix? All I see are some puny tires. :D

pics of the new meaty meats...

Ah, the comparison photo...
meaty meats.jpg

red10.jpg
meaty meats.jpg
red10.jpg
comp2.jpg

fills the well a bit better eh?

meaty meats 3.jpg

comp2.jpg
meaty meats 3.jpg
comp2.jpg

Jim,

Do you have a lift at your shop? I would love to pop out one of the leaves in the rear to level 'er out some. Also, please let me know if you need anything transported from Cleveland to C'bus while we're doing this. Perhaps Dave or Matt would like to join in?

Do you have specific dates in mind? I know how busy you get and all. This Sunday justopened for me if that's a possiblity, otherwise, why don't you give me a few dates as I may have more flexibility...

Do you have a lift at your shop? I would love to pop out one of the leaves in the rear to level 'er out some.
Do you have specific dates in mind? I know how busy you get and all. This Sunday justopened for me if that's a possiblity, otherwise, why don't you give me a few dates as I may have more flexibility...

No lift, but it's not really necessary to slip a leaf out.
-Place a jackstand under the framerail in frt of the springhanger so tire is an inch off the floor.
-zap off the shackle, tire sits on floor.
-zap off the U-bolts, spring swivels to floor.
-zap out center bolt, remove offending leaf.
-reassemble. repeat on other side.

The problem is I prolly don't have a bay open on Sunday. Theres a FJ60 here w/ the steering and engine all tore apart. It might be driveable by sunday AM.
I'll post here tomorrow w/ an availability update.

Back to work now.:bang:

Nope, definitely no space to do any work *in* the shop on Sunday. Still an FJ60 mostly exploded here.

However, we could do underhood stuff, like the AIR rail, in the gravel drive outside. The weather is supposed to be loverly.

Call me for direction at (seven for zero)- 862- too six zero four, if you can make it down here Sunday.

Pretty sure I saw Jeff heading north on 71 yesterday around 6:30 just north of Mansfield. It was funny, my wife say hey there's a cruiser, and I noticed the rear end being higher than the front. Hope the air rail install went ok.

OH SURE... RUB IT IN THAT IT LOOKS LIKE I AM ALWAYS GOING DOWNHILL! :D Perhaps longer front shackles are in order...

Actually, we determined no need for the air rail replacement, but the exhaust manifold / egr tube gaskets are toast and leaking tons. I suppose they are next.

And yes, that was me!

OH SURE... RUB IT IN THAT IT LOOKS LIKE I AM ALWAYS GOING DOWNHILL! :D
Going downhill is easier than uphill. You'll get better fuel economy if you are always coasting downhill. :cheers:

OH SURE... RUB IT IN THAT IT LOOKS LIKE I AM ALWAYS GOING DOWNHILL! :D Perhaps longer front shackles are in order...

Actually, we determined no need for the air rail replacement, but the exhaust manifold / egr tube gaskets are toast and leaking tons. I suppose they are next.

And yes, that was me!

Jeff,

I thought that was it when I was under your rig. Join the club of leaking exhaust EGR tubes. Be aware that the studs may break when you go to change this out. Ask me how I know and why I still have a leak.

Matt

:hmm:That rear never really settled did it?
Wonder why? Mine was no where near that bad:confused:

:DStill looks cool as hell.......nice view in front of ya.

Ha jim....:bounce::bounce2:Gotz a nice new Solid Rock off Road tire carrier here with all the bells and whistles .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom