Measurements and Pics please engine mounts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Normandy Park Wa. ........now in San Diego Ca.
I am in the middle of installing a 1982 2F drivetrain into my 1966 FJ45 LWB it came with a 135 "F" motor, but beleave it was not the origional and may have had a V8 in it at some time...the motor mounts in it are fabed...but usable, But I am unsure it they are positioned corrrectly......could someone give me a couple measurements??

#1 block (say, where pan and block come together) to (inside) frame rail LT-drivers side?

#2 from front of block (same as above) to (inside) front cross member?

#3 how far back are engine mount bolts back from (inside) front cross member?

Im thinking im about an inch for so to far RT

Placement may be the same as 40...but unsure if they were different thru yrs and models...??
Thank you

front half of frame is about identical to 40 series. AFAIK 40 series and 45 series never changed the location of the frame mounts, the driver side goes thru the top of the frame, no mount on the inside of the frame, the others you should be able to see the rivet holes unless they are covered by scab plates.
also if your using a later 2F setc up the rear mounts are under the trans with a crossmember, not off the bellhousing. the 82 bellhousing doesn't have the holes drilled for the side mounts.

also if your using a later 2F setc up the rear mounts are under the trans with a crossmember, not off the bellhousing. the 82 bellhousing doesn't have the holes drilled for the side mounts.

Are we sure..:hmm:....My 1980 FJ40 has that set-up with the wings that bolt to the bellhousing....as I remember the drivers wing goes over the frame and the passengers mounts to a L type bracket about even with bottom of the frame

Basically, you need an older 2F bellhousing to make it work OEM. Or, you can weld in brackets and use the transmission cradle style of later model 40 series, along with your current 82 bellhousing. My 84 has the cradle not the bellhousing mounts.

Not sure if the 1F bellhousing you have will work with the 2F.

HTH

Basically, you need an older 2F bellhousing to make it work OEM. Or, you can weld in brackets and use the transmission cradle style of later model 40 series, along with your current 82 bellhousing. My 84 has the cradle not the bellhousing mounts.

Not sure if the 1F bellhousing you have will work with the 2F.

HTH

clarification:

The body and frame is a 1966 FJ45

The drivetrain (engine/tranny/transfer) are from a 1982 FJ60

Yup, what I said still holds true. To explain it another way: a 2F/trans/tcase out of a late 70's 40/55 series is a direct bolt in. The main difference b/w your 82 2F drivetrain and the late 70's 2F drivetrain is the bellhousing...which implies the transmission mounting is part of that difference, too.

Come to think of it, you will probably also need the engine-side brackets from an older 2F out of a late 70's 40/55 series.

HTH

Are we sure..:hmm:....My 1980 FJ40 has that set-up with the wings that bolt to the bellhousing....as I remember the drivers wing goes over the frame and the passengers mounts to a L type bracket about even with bottom of the frame

correct, it is the same 64 thru 1980 model years, model year 1981 changed to the trans crossmemeber set up.

thanks boys.........

Come to think of it, you will probably also need the engine-side brackets from an older 2F out of a late 70's 40/55 series.

HTH

I take it your meaning engine mounts...on block??

was planning to remove the fabbed frame brackets and use a set I have from a 74.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom