Measure AHC Pressure without TechStream (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here read the pressures of an AHC system without Techstream? I read in the FCM that there is a technique to do so but haven't seen it mentioned here(searched for it too). I may prefer a direct gauge reading over TS but need to figure out the cost of the correct gauge set to know. I found this on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT78Y62/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1) but wanted to see if anyone here had done it.

Why? Techstream is cheap and provides way more info needed when setting up AHC than any gauges will. In addition Techstream can do a lot more than AHC.
Mainly the legal issues with using the software without a license.

I understand and respect your position but it is also Ebays and Amazons position not to sell illegal anything which I assume would include software. But Im no expert...

As for your AHC challenge look in your FSM manual (most of the FSM info here is from not licensed PDF scans) on how to set up and adjust AHC and you will find gauges will fall short on sensor balance, adjustment, and height.

We’re all openly using the software without licensing on this forum. I doubt Toyota is going to come after any of us. Not worth their time.

If Toyota really cared, it wouldn’t be available. It is written for windows, now if they didn’t want people to use it they would of written on there own OS/platform. The dealerships might have something to say, but who cares about them.

If you want your software to fall into the hands of the public then put it on windows, Toyota must of known this. It fits the american car culture to repair your own cars, so why would they make it difficult.

If Toyota really cared, it wouldn’t be available. It is written for windows, now if they didn’t want people to use it they would of written on there own OS/platform. The dealerships might have something to say, but who cares about them.

If you want your software to fall into the hands of the public then put it on windows, Toyota must of known this. It fits the american car culture to repair your own cars, so why would they make it difficult.

For Christmas last year I donated a Ebay Tech Stream cable (cable only no software) to the techs at a local dealership to share on their off hours because to purchase the same cable from Toyota it was $400.

We used to have to pay for the diagnostic machine which was approx £2500 and then pay a subscription for the software, so if you stopped trading as a dealer then you don’t actually get to keep the software. Every so often we would have to plug the machine into the modem for updates or the software would stop working, this was purely for security.

Toyota doesn’t seem to have the same restrictions.

Has anyone here read the pressures of an AHC system without Techstream? I read in the FCM that there is a technique to do so but haven't seen it mentioned here(searched for it too). I may prefer a direct gauge reading over TS but need to figure out the cost of the correct gauge set to know. I found this on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MT78Y62/ref=sspa_dk_detail_4?psc=1) but wanted to see if anyone here had done it.
I used analogue oil pressure gauges the first times, back in 2003/2004. I used the t0yota LSPV gauge kit, which has the right adaptor and range for checking the ahc pressures. (LSPV= Load Sensing Propotional Valve, i.e. rear brakes' valve on vans and PUs)
It's a lot more mess to use a pressure gauge, as you have to unscrew the bleeder, then attach the gauge, and then bleed air out. Repeat when removing the gauge. There is an advantage tho'. You get to see the pressure all the time, continously. I think the perfect setup would be to put a pressure sensor on each actuator, permanently, and connect them to one or two gauges when needed.
The TechStream / t0yota Tester / any-OBD-tester method reads the pump pressure only, at the exact moment when the suspension reaches Normal height when coming from Low height, and that's all you get. With a pressure gauge connected to the actuator, you can read the press at any height, and in any state. (Not that you need it much)

That Amaxon kit looks like it doesn't have the right adapter. Isn't it metric 7 mm we need? iirc.

The Toyota Euro site allows software download without cost. They charge for a software license and to buy an approved cable, but openly acknowledge the use of the cloned cable with the usual disclaimer language (click the "I have a generic..." box under the cable Buy box).

Has anyone tried to see if they will allow for a license sale to a US customer?

Wish Toyota USA was more interested in supporting niche US customer desires.

The TechStream / t0yota Tester / any-OBD-tester method reads the pump pressure only, at the exact moment when the suspension reaches Normal height when coming from Low height, and that's all you get. With a pressure gauge connected to the actuator, you can read the press at any height, and in any state.
The AHC system has pressure sensors for all 4 corners that will tell you the pressure at the given height. You can read all of these values using techstream.

The AHC system has pressure sensors for all 4 corners that will tell you the pressure at the given height. You can read all of these values using techstream.
No.
The pressure is read off the pump pressure sensor at the moment when the suspension reaches the Normal height, once for the front and once for the rear. The pressure is always the same on left and right accumulators/spheres/shocks, except for when cornering. So, these two values are passed on to the reader or TechStream as front and rear pressure; in addition to the "main height accumulator" pressure, also measured by the pump sensor when the accumulator is filled up.
There are values passed on when the suspension height reaches the other settings as well, but there is nothing that tells you the actual pressure at each corner at any given time.

No.
The pressure is read off the pump pressure sensor at the moment when the suspension reaches the Normal height, once for the front and once for the rear. The pressure is always the same on left and right accumulators/spheres/shocks, except for when cornering. So, these two values are passed on to the reader or TechStream as front and rear pressure; in addition to the "main height accumulator" pressure, also measured by the pump sensor when the accumulator is filled up.
There are values passed on when the suspension height reaches the other settings as well, but there is nothing that tells you the actual pressure at each corner at any given time.
Been messing with other diagnostic programs (bmw, merc, etc) and haven’t been on techstream for a while. Forgot it only gave a front/back pressure reading.

There is an advantage tho'. You get to see the pressure all the time, continously. I think the perfect setup would be to put a pressure sensor on each actuator, permanently, and connect them to one or two gauges when needed.

And then be able to adjust the pressure in the rear air-bags to get the correct neutral pressure. Long time ago, I read that some Australian vehicles were equipped with an analog gauge in the rear quarters for exactly this reason.

That Amaxon kit looks like it doesn't have the right adapter. Isn't it metric 7 mm we need? iirc.

I have purchased a bleed screw for the sole purpose of making a bleed port to NPT adapter. I'll measure the thread spec and report back tomorrow.

The Toyota Euro site allows software download without cost. They charge for a software license and to buy an approved cable, but openly acknowledge the use of the cloned cable with the usual disclaimer language (click the "I have a generic..." box under the cable Buy box).

Has anyone tried to see if they will allow for a license sale to a US customer?

Wish Toyota USA was more interested in supporting niche US customer desires.

Looks like Win7 is only for 32 bit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom