Mean Green alternator hook up on 75 fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking at Mean Green for stock 75 fj40 has anyone use one and did you do anything to stock wiring when you hooked it up ?

Did nothing extra at all to my stock wiring on my 2-'75 40. Mean Green has been on 15+ years.

John

mine has 2 slide on clip wires one blk & white one blue & white plus ground is yours setup this way on the Mean Green hook up ? Thank you for your help,

mine has 2 slide on clip wires one blk & white one blue & white plus ground is yours setup this way on the Mean Green hook up ? Thank you for your help,

Yes, exactly as you describe. My ground is something I added and I don't remember why, maybe I was having an issue, but it's an 8g wire that I ran from the body of the MG over to a bolt with a ring terminal.

John on the voltage regulator that came on your 75 did you just unplug it ?

Yes, again. However l still have the OEM VR mounted on the firewall...just in case I need to go back to stock out in the boonies.

John

sorry to bother you again , did your head lights go from dim to bright with factory alternator if so did Mean Green , solve the issue?

Don't recall issues with any of my electricals. My reason for upgrading to MG was the installation of my winch.

Any alternator will only put out the amount of juice that your devices are calling for...that's what the voltage regulator is for. I think the MG is a great upgrade, but unless your electricals are in bad shape, bad grounds, corrosion etc., you prob won't get any brighter headlights...except maybe at idle.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom