SOLD MD/DC/VA: 2000 LX470 for trade or Sale Lots of new OEM parts. What do you have!? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. LX470
Mileage
SOLD!

FIRM [/B] My HOA is going to be really grumpy if we become a 5 car family in 2 weeks.

Its time to let the trusty family hauler go. I would hop in her tomorrow morning and drive cross country without a concern. She's not perfect but overall cleans up well. I've had her for about 2 years and about 30k miles. I've got a modded out FJ62 and a fast/high maintenance car. The 100 needs to go so I can commute in something more economical!

TRADES: I'm pretty open and the worst I can say is no. I plan to put her up for sale for $8.5k I'm open to $5000 cash plus a reliable high mile commuter friendly car. You need to be local for that to be an option.

Purchased at about 136K. Now at about 173k. Most of the things that typically need to be replaced at this mileage were done during my ownership. All parts were OEM/Denso unless specified. Undercarriage is in great shape with very minimal rust/corrosion. It spent much of its life in the south based on the Carfax. I'll try to describe things as openly as possible. I'm pretty nitpicky!

STUFF THAT I'VE DONE/HAD DONE IN THE LAST 2.5 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP:

-TIMING BELT/WATER PUMP service was done by Ryan at OTRAMM (the local LC specialty shop)
-Heater tees
-Starter
-Alternator
-AHC fluid replacement and bleed (AHC works great!)
- Accessory Belt tensioner
- Accessory belt (not OEM)
- Upper Control Arms (SPC aftermarket arms. adjustable and grease-able)
- Passenger side Ball joint (Japanese 555 branded part aka the OEM equivalents)
- Drivers side ball joint included but not installed. Wasn't needed.
- 275/70-18 Firestone Destination MTs They are awesome and ride more like an AT on the highway. I little firmer around town as they are E load range.
- 18 inch 100 series wheels off a newer LC
- Denso Radiator
- Heavy duty floor mats. They look great and work great. Best mats I've ever owned.
- New center console leather armrest
- Front seat leather was replaced at some point right before my ownership.
- mid pipe and muffler (Bosal)
- Bank 1 O2 sensor
- Battery

The not perfect stuff:

The PO was not gentle on the front or rear bumper.. My original plan was to replace them with aftermarket bumpers. I do have a stock front bumper I can throw in if the buyer wants it. Its not the same color.

The PO's windshield install was far from perfect. I have not experienced any leaks or issue with it though.
(see pics)

Dings and scratches are here and there.

Needs a new spare wheel/ tire. The tire is bald! I think the PO needed tires and put 3 new ones on and used the spare for the 4th. One of the bald ones went under the truck! How ghetto is that!

There are some creaky noises in the front end. If I spray WD-40 on the driver's side lower shock mount, they mostly go away for a while. I'm guessing the bushing is wearing out.

The only real rust issue is the rear lift gate They all seem to rust on the bottoms due to water sneaking in around the upper brake light. See pics.

It ticks a little bit until it gets warm (probably the drivers side manifold). It never really bothered me so I never addressed it.

OTHER MISCELANEOUS STUFF:
She was broken into last year and the shop did not match the glass when it was replaced (rear passenger seat) The window is also not functioning properly and I need to bring it back so the repair shop can fix it. It goes all the way up sometimes but not all the time.

When it is warm out, the power door locks can be weak. Its only really an annoyance when its the rear hatch lock that decides not to unlock.

One key is included. Its a master key but doesn't have the fob keys for remote entry.

The caps on the roof rack are cracked.

I add about a quart of oil between change intervals I did run conventional oil on one oil change and did not have to add any. There seems to be a small slow leak somewhere near the oil filter. It doesn't drip when parked and hasn't gotten any worse!

Overall, she still cleans up well. My wife will miss the cushy road trips to the beach!

Please let me know if you have any questions. I check MUD pretty regularly. I'll probably put her on craigslist for sale next week.
IMG_8668.JPG
IMG_8670.JPG
IMG_8671.JPG

IMG_8673.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. She just sitting and quarantining with all the other vehicles!

I’ll give her a wash tomorrow! Let me know when the truck comes to pick her up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom