SOLD MD - 1988 Toyota FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 60 Series
Mileage
Color
Tan
For sale - $15,000.

Got a quote for $1,500 to have roofline rust issue fixed. Clean frame.

I have owned truck for almost 2 years. Selling to fund another passion. Truck has been good to me and hard to let go! Purchased with just under 200,000 miles. I daily drove for a little over a year and put on just over 20,000 miles (currently has 228,000 miles). Purchased from cruiser head in Connecticut. He had owned for a short period, prior to his ownership was in Florida. Very minimal body rust. Does have rust issue above back seat passenger door window/roofline. Prior to Covid I had received quotes of $1500-2K to properly fix. Was garage kept under my ownership and never drove in on salt roads in the winter. I have all records from service during my ownership (see photos for receipts).

Turn signals work about 75% of the time. I assume there is some electrical short somewhere causing the issues but I have not dug into the issue much. Rear passenger window goes down but leaves about a 4" gap when powering up and has to be manually lifted.

See google drive link for over 100 photos. Any other photo requests just let me know.

Reach out with any questions. If easier shoot me a text. 301 943 9660 - Thanks! KYLE
Screenshot 2021-07-26 at 1.56.36 PM.jpg

Last edited:
1. Total PIA to jump to a new link for pictures
2. LOVE the stripes on the side. They look great
3. Does it have the nuts welded into the B-pillar to add 3 point seat belts? I'm assuming it does

1. Total PIA to jump to a new link for pictures
2. LOVE the stripes on the side. They look great
3. Does it have the nuts welded into the B-pillar to add 3 point seat belts? I'm assuming it does
@Dangler Sorry about external link for pictures. I had a bunch to share and wasn't sure if I would be able to upload them all.

I believe so but let me confirm this evening when I get home about 3 point belts.

Should be able to just run your hand up the inside of the pillar. You'll feel the nut-insert thingy.

For the most part, they were even added on later FJ60s, (my '85 had it), so I'm sure this does too.

Nothing wrong with clicking once to find your photos, that was a super odd thing to say. Nice rig, GLWS!

Nothing wrong with clicking once to find your photos, that was a super odd thing to say. Nice rig, GLWS!
It is smart to be wary of clicking links to unknown sites. While I am guessing the OP is a stand up guy and the link is fine, this is a public forum and not everyone who posts a for sale thread with a link is actually selling anything but have malicious intents instead.

It is courteous and opens your sale to a larger audience if you post photos on the for sale thread instead of hosting them on an external link. It may take a little more work on the sellers part but is worth it in my opinion.

If you got a quote to have that roof rust fixed for $1500 then you should have it fixed. That’s a big job and a lot of shops these days don’t want to touch these old rigs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom