MCR11 & Fordyce September 11-24 2012 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

canadian bum

SILVER Star
Threads
Well you know what it is where it is and how awesome it is. So come on down for an awesome event in California. You will need your passport. The drive is 2100km one way from Calgary. VHF's are pretty much mandatory for this trip. CB with out doubt will be mandatory. I hope you fence sitters jump on this because I hate to say it but the Rubicon trail I fear won't be around much longer. So sign up make your suggestions and I will update when Registration is open. This is a very family friendly event so don't feel bad about bringing your family along.

Thanks,

John

Itinerary

Tuesday Sept 11 6:00 pm -Leave From Calgary for the Sweet Grass border crossing

Wednesday Sept 12 -Depending on what time we decide as a group to shut down the driving get enough sleep to be rested to drive some more.

Thursday Sept 13 -Leisure Day-If we don't make it to South Lake Tahoe than we will complete the rest of the drive. At 6:00pm we will leave South Lake Tahoe and head for Loon Lake and camp for the night.

Friday Sept 14 at 8:30am -Hit the Rubicon Trail Wheel to Rubicon Springs

Saturday Sept 15 -Wake up when you please and enjoy the days events and meet some fellow Toyota wheelers.

Sunday Sept 16 8:00-9:00am -Wake up most likely a little hung over and hit the trail going up Cadillac Hill. Once out we will head to South Lake Tahoe and have a relaxing evening with hot showers at the hotel and night life (Gherra it is your turn to get kicked out of Cabo Wabo!!!)

Monday Sept 17 Afternoon -Breakfast at the little Red Waffle Hut. After repairs if necesary we head out to the trail that makes the Rubicon look easy but it is awesome none the less, Fordyce.

Tuesday Sept 18 Morning -Continue on Fordyce Trail

Wednesday Sept 19 Morning -Continue on Fordyce Trail

Thursday Sept 20 Morning -Exit Fordyce or depending on progress continue on.

Friday Sept 21 Morning -Extra Day- for Fordyce also for repairs if needed and to begin our journey home.

Saturday Sept 22 -Continue our journey home.

Sunday Sept 23 -Continue our journey home and hopefully arrive.

Monday Sept 24 -Extra travel day if needed. Most likely won't but you can never be too careful on a trip this size.

I'm in... baring any unforeseen truck blowups. I've been looking forward to this one!!!

I'm in as well and really stoked since I missed it last year! One suggestion: The river crossing at Fordyce can be very unpredictable. If we can't get onto the trail, perhaps we can have a contingency plan to do another trail???

Ha ha, should I bring my pontoons!! Just ordered Crawler transfer case gears BTW...

Hehe, yes the pontoons might work. Based on historical data, I think Fordyce creek is usually passable in September. The flow rate will need to be below 250 cfs for it to be passable with our trucks (33-37" tires), so we will just have to check. If for some reason we cannot pass, what do you guys think about doing the Dusi trail as a contingency???

Here is a link with the updated flow rate:
Fordyce Creek Flow Rate- Below Fordyce Dam Release - Pirate4x4.Com

So does this mean the 02 Tacoma is done?

So does this mean the 02 Tacoma is done?

No Gherra will probably have to ride down with one of us again ha ha.

Hahahaha, no ways!!!! Yes, I took at least 6 months off, but started working on her again a couple weeks ago and making good progress. I think my crank seal and pump seal are coming in today, so will hopefully have the engine back in the truck by the weekend.

Nope not me but everyone get there registration in asap this event always fills up.

Registration's in!!

Jeremy and I are registered. Get your passports!!! If you don't already have them.

I am out, have fun, be safe, maybe next year

John, we should probably contact Chad and the rest of the boys who expressed interest last year to join us on Fordyce so that they have enough time to make their arrangements and take the time off etc, unless you feel we are a big enough group as it is.

Should we be looking at booking any rooms?

No we should be fine there as always been lots of room because schools are back in. So we have always been safe at getting rooms.

Well, I suppose many would say that my chances of making it this year looks pretty dismal, since my engine doesn't even have any pistons in it. But........ on the bright side, I got my rebuild kit today and still have 3 weeks to work on her :bounce::clap:

bare block.jpg

I can't wait to see the completed version on the trail. Hope you get it done in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom